I like it, No Saddle Bag and Increased Aero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's a nice idea but not one for me and if this became widespread I'd hope it would be an option rather than a standard.

My two objections are aesthetics and positioning. It's plain ugly. The Orbea clearly can't take mudguards so if one needs to access the box it's quite likely to be covered in crap. Not really the best start to fixing a flat. Access is hardly easy by comparison to a saddlebag when someone wants to borrow a multi-tool or your searching for that emergency tenner.

I'm probably being picky. If it was a standard fitting and not removable this would be a deal breaker for me. Definitely a no.

Does a small saddlebag really make much difference?

Drago

Legendary Member
Are Orbea still one of the many that do development aero testing without a rider aboard? Ribble recently made a big deal about how they're one of the first to do so.

All these aero bikes are starting to look the same.

mustang1

Guru
Nice looking bike and very integrated look for that box.

But no one has created a spoiler that attaches to the rear of the bike (haha, or rider!) that aids in downforce and other aerodynamic niceties.

Milzy

Guru
You only start to save watts when holding a speed that most on here can’t hold for very long.
I’m sure some of the over weight super taxed will love it still.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom