I love helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Does that merit some sort of special TMN, one where a helpful post is wrongly credited?
Let's call it a TMN².

GC
Well if there are prizes going around then I'm going to call @bianchi1 out for his post #327 where he quoted and thanked @Dan B for his post #324 when it was actually my post #325 which should have got the credit. There, that's off my chest now, maybe I'll stop sulking about it...........maybe.

bianchi1

Guru
Well if there are prizes going around then I'm going to call @bianchi1 out for his post #327 where he quoted and thanked @Dan B for his post #324 when it was actually my post #325 which should have got the credit. There, that's off my chest now, maybe I'll stop sulking about it...........maybe.

I can only apologise....I'm not sure I understand what's going on...but I'm sorry anyhow.:blink:

Now back to arguing about helmets please.

Dan B

Disengaged member
That's fine by me, I got a "you have been tagged" message which confused me thoroughly. I don't want to be tagged, I've only just finished hacksawing off the last ankle bracelet

bianchi1

Guru
Fraid not.

This just highlights the problems getting good, up to date research on which to base opinions. Most academic journals only release papers after several years...by which time they are out of date.

It's although they want to keep us uniformed and running around in circles. Standard helmet/no helmet debate in other words.

GrasB

Veteran
It's like that with up to date research as well. If you look at it you get some papers which seem to indicate some kind of correlation for or against helmets but it's all borderline stuff.

Big Nick

I did. An accurate statement.
Get over yourself

There was no intent to deceive anyone, I'd already answered the points you raised earlier in the thread, it's pretty hard to lie about something that is a quote from what you yourself said especially when the full post you made is just above

You throw dishonesty and liar about knowing very little about someone, tends to raise a question mark over the rest of your views if they are so readily formed on such little knowledge

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Get over yourself

There was no intent to deceive anyone, I'd already answered the points you raised earlier in the thread, it's pretty hard to lie about something that is a quote from what you yourself said especially when the full post you made is just above

You throw dishonesty and liar about knowing very little about someone, tends to raise a question mark over the rest of your views if they are so readily formed on such little knowledge

If you didn't intend to deceive anyone, please explain your purpose in selectively quoting me in order to change the meaning of what I wrote?

That is fundamentally dishonest, and your attempts to wriggle out of your actions do you no credit at all.

Big Nick

If you didn't intend to deceive anyone, please explain your purpose in selectively quoting me in order to change the meaning of what I wrote?

That is fundamentally dishonest, and your attempts to wriggle out of your actions do you no credit at all.
No wriggling at all, you have separated your sentence out into two hence the comma

You levelled an allegation I have repeated dodged questions about why I consider cycling risky enough to wear a helmet (I had already given answers to those supposed dodged questions)

You then added a question in the same sentence afterward as to why I didn't wear a helmet for other activities (again a question I'd already answered and could not be bothered to repeat)

I see you've made no comment in regards how little you know about someone yet you think it's ok to throw quite significant insults around about them in regards their honesty and effectively calling them a liar.

You seek character assassination to further your aims in the absence of hard facts in relation to the matter under discussion which I find a very poor show for an 'evidence based' champion such as yourself

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Has the time come for one of these?

image.jpg

GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom