I love Youtube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
nethalus said:
Yes, cheers Magnatom, but it'll have to wait a while longer due to money being mega tight at the moment. So probably think about more seriously after christmas.
By the way it seems that a lot of people on here seem to dislike bikes purchased at Halfords. Are they naff or something??

As JRG says is true,but i think mainly its because in general,the assistants dont seem to know,or care much about bikes,and some have had bad experiences .But to be fair,i have a carrera vulcan mountain bike,and after swapping the crank,its been great,but if your just short comuting,like me,and the odd weekend ride,you cant go wrong for value,but as JRG said,go for as much as you can afford,£200 will get you a good bike for the sort of use i mentioned.Avoid at all costs the £100/£150 price range if you can.

spindrift

The differences between a £100 and a £200 bike are phenomenal.

Forgive me, I am probably mistaken, but is this not comparing runny poo with solid? A good £200 bike?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
spindrift said:
Forgive me, I am probably mistaken, but is this not comparing runny poo with solid? A good £200 bike?

Checkout the WhatMTB reviews of the Decathlon Rockrider MTB £200. They enthused over a Decathlon £300 full susser.

Reputation for good spec at low price.

Mine. Decathlon/B'twin racer, 4 months old, 5 year guarantee on an aluminium frame. Sora STi etc. Just about to hit its first 1000 miles. Apart from having to sort out a bit of cable stretch, no problems. Still changes smoothly, wheels run true etc. £170

So yeah, there's good, new bikes out there for under £200. Just they might not say 'Kona', 'Marin', 'Trek' etc.

Sounds good to me, I'll park mine next to one that does and see which one gets nicked.

col

Legendary Member
spindrift said:
The differences between a £100 and a £200 bike are phenomenal.

Point taken;)but for short commuting and the odd trip,there is no need to spend a lot on what might be used say ,on a daily training or touring type.imo.

BentMikey said:
Yes, and that's why I didn't do anything with the bus driver on Thursday last week, who didn't look to his left at all. Human mistake, immediate contrition. It ended up being a very positive encounter for both of us, no anger, no shouting, just friendliness and apologies all round. I've had several incidents where the bus driver made a simple human mistake, and didn't feel the need to crucify them. For that matter, I've made a few myself.

That's not the case with the driver that overtook me, IMO. I think that was intentional dangerous driving in order to teach me a lesson. Exactly what lesson I don't understand really.

Im so glad BM never makes mistakes xx(

Top Bottom