I met an idiot today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenM

Veteran
.... This is the one I use daily. Still some cyclists use the road. In my case I can't understand why apart from passing other cyclists but from the sounds of it not all paths are like mine...
The cycle paths around you are great - they go to places that people want to go and make cycling pretty easy.
Why would I not use the path in the picture? well I would in the uphill direction but downhill from the army camp it is down to speed and convenience - The nasty corners associated with the industrial estate service road crossing are a real PITA on a 'bent.
Having moved away I really miss the (now) great cycle infrastructure in Weymouth - it used to be poor to shocking like the rest of the country. The provision isn't universally great now, but it is much better than average.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Took this photo on my way home yesterday, I stopped to take one of how the crossings are not ideal, but just as I was taking it
image.jpg
you can see four cyclists were crossing the smallest island at the same time, in the morning you can end up with more crammed on there waiting to cross with some coming from the opposite way. It can be a tight squeeze some mornings waiting on that point of the crossing. The light sequence here is that if you only cross when the green bike shows you have to wait on some, possibly multiple islands, and the traffic flow is fairly heavy to really heavy normally.

Top Bottom