I might have a problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I did restore it myself Jonny. I literally dragged it up the ferry ramp at Harwich to bring it to Denmark. Those ramps go on for hell of a long way. I knew nothing about motorbike restoration or anything about this model of Moto Guzzi. Everything about it is in Italian and parts are like hens teeth.

The lesson for everyone here is to do your research first and when you get sick of it, leave it until you can face it again. It took me 2 years to do this and I have another couple of months left to finish it. This also applies to restoring bikes and not just motorbikes.

This is what I started with:

IMG_7876.jpg

Steve
Blimey...this was your first. You've done a fantastic job by the look of her, even more impressive given it was your first (will there be more projects?).

really pretty bike, what needs finishing? she looks totally complete to me.

oh...and do you dare to ride her?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have to finish the electrics. I have 4 diagrams for the electrics, all different and all in Italian. It is a process of elimination :rolleyes:

Of course I will ride it. It is a Moto Guzzi, it is meant to be ridden.

There will be another project. Possibly another Moto Guzzi, but not as rare as this one. A BSA, BMW or Royal Enfield, but an old bike. I have not decided yet.

oops...we should be talking about cycles ^_^

simon.r

Person
I'm with steveindenmark on this one. I have 2 bikes in my hallway and a frame hanging from my living room ceiling (bikes as art:smile:). If I could come up with a way of getting my motorbike into the conservatory I would!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Glaswegian Italians, whatever next ? :rolleyes:

Thanks Pat. It is surprising how much Italian you can learn in 2 years but it is all about the bike and would do me no good on holiday. My girlfriend is actually learning Italian and is doing quite well. Google translate, although not perfect, does get the point across.

Thanks for the offer though.

Steve

Top Bottom