I need a camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Because on my commute (If I come that way) there is a one way street I go down, There was a car coming down it tonight, Yes. But he was going the wrong way unfortunatley!!:biggrin: It made me mad. If I had been further up near the end when he swung in then I would have been in real danger!

Why should some A hole put my life at risk for the sake of his short cut?

I do everything to make my journey to work as safe as possible, then idiot's like him come along and put me at risk. Perhaps if I ever get knocked down by someone like that they could get him to go and explain to my family why I am not home!

Just had to have a rant about this!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Is it definately one way (with the arrows and everything)? Or is it like here with the no entry points at sections of the road to direct traffic?

Doesn't happen very often though does it?

Nasty when it does and it can be really off putting.Hope you can get over it and enjoy your cycling once again.

snakehips

There are a couple of bits of road on my regular routes where motorists drive the wrong way.
Both are clearly marked , but both save motorists quite a detour. I have seen the police monitoring one of them.

snakehips.jpg

Snakehips Bikes

Touch wood i've not had anything like that for a while but in the past I've had the mad look from somebody driving the wrong way up a oneway street. I don't know if its a how dare you get in the way of a much more important vehicle (little Johnny has to get to school before 9.00 and its 8.58 or I'm late for a meeting) or somebody who has genuinely got a little confused and think they are in the right.

thomas

the tank engine
I know someone, knocked off their motorbike by a car going the wrong way. Took 3 months for the driver to admit he was in the wrong, going the wrong way down the street :tongue:

OP
OP
D

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Went the same route tonight and gave the signs a good stare to make sure I wasnt going mad!!!! And nope that one with the white arrow on a blue bacground is definately pointing in the direction in which I am travelling!!

Got me wondering though what are the chances of getting someone prosecuted(in theory) if they were caught on camera doing something like that?

postman_reg

If the gun law were changed, we could shoot them and after about 6 months we would have only good drivers in cars. This is not meant as a joke.

nigelnorris

It's starting to become a daily occurrence for me on not one but two roads on my commute. They've recently relaid the signs for both roads (which are close together, in Alum Rock in Birmingham) to stop them being used as rat runs, but drivers won't accept the change.

Last time it happened I ran out of patience and made a point of waving at the signs and trying to get my message across but the guy just wound his window down and told me to go **** myself. And like I said this is almost daily.

Out of my price range anyway but a camera sounds like a wonderful idea. No idea if any constructive use could be made of the footage though.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Someone did the self same trick to me in Bridlington a few months ago. I stopped in the middle of the road and wouldn't let him pass. Pedestrians started to gather round, and it was only the number of people shaming him and pointing out the NO ENTRY signs that made him back up and go round the block.

Mr Pig

I used to live just off a one-way street and saw the police drive down it the wrong way three times! On one occasion I nearly hit a police van as I turned into the street.

I have a camera here I've never used, which I might sell, if you really want one?

purplepolly

There's a road near me that was turned into a 'no through road' by placing huge circa 5" cubed planters across the road. One night someone decided to ignore both the road signs and the 30 mph speed limit. Thud. Bet he won't try that again when he gets his licence back.

As the on slip to A90 approaches the Crammond Brig the bus lane goes into a bus gate with traffic lights and the main lane is also held by traffic lights. Cycling home on Thursday evening a 4x4 goes straight through the red. To avoid going through red the following BMW swerves at the last minute into the bus lane which was green. I'd seen these two plonkers and slowed down but if I'd carried on at the same speed I'd been in the melee. Although a camera wouldn't helped at all I might have caught some amusing footage.

Top Bottom