I need a lie down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having cycled all the way into work, I go to unlock the shower room and discover that I’ve got both sets of car keys and I know my wife needs to use the car.

S**t! S**t! S**t!!!! I have to cycle all the way home again, handover the keys and then cycle all the way back into work again.

So only a morning commute of 42 miles. I reckon I deserve some serious calorie input today.

:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Wow! Respect to you sir.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So I guess you were a little late... an extra 28 miles.....

Get munching, you'll need it....

Morning routine - check, check and double check.

Fortunately I take a completely different set of keys to work, but always check I have them, otherwise I'd be wandering around in sweatty clothes looking for a master key....

Maz

Guru
Bad luck there, matey. Been there done that.
This wouldn't have happened if you were wearing Hi-viz, or at least had a hi-viz key fob.

gary r

Guru
reminds me of the time i had to work on a saturday,I cycled to work (30 miles)finished at about midday & decided to leave my rucksack at work with all my work clothes etc for the ride home,& then drive in on Monday.about half way home i realised id left house & car keys in my rucksack,Had to ride all the way back to work & then home again.so a nice 80/90 mile ride that day!!!!!! This was before mobiles were widely used so i couldnt even ring someone for a lift,Spare house keys were left with a neighbour after that as i lived alone

Tetedelacourse

Ha ha! I laugh because that sort of thing occurs on an almost monthly basis for me! No luck Joebe.

As Fossy helpfully suggests, next time you think you may be in danger of forgetting something, remind yourself not to. Hey presto, no more absent-mindedness!

HA HA!

I did that.Finished work.Got home then realised I had left my keys in my locker so cycled back to work and then cycled home in the PM rush hour 30 miles arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.I only ever did it once.

Now my locker needs a key to lock it hopefully I wont do it again.

Tynan

Veteran
no keys at all is my trick

I'd have stuck them in an envelope and couriered them

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
joebe said:
Indeed. The pink theme is a result of having 3 daughters...... either that or the onset of a midlife crisis.

:tongue:

ah i see. the same phenomena that when father-of-two-daughters friend of mine bought a new house and showed me the loft room over the garage, he completely failed to notice it was painted pink, until i pointed out that pink was no colour for a man's den.

sorry for making assumptions joebe ;)

Tetedelacourse

alecstilleyedye said:
ah i see. the same phenomena that when father-of-two-daughters friend of mine bought a new house and showed me the loft room over the garage, he completely failed to notice it was painted pink, until i pointed out that pink was no colour for a man's den.

sorry for making assumptions joebe :biggrin:

Let's be honest though, no real man would have a "den". Sounds more like a "rumpus room" like Ned Flanders has.

Top Bottom