I need a lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
I can fit in 1 ride /week to/from Uni. Bike will be locked on a busy part of the campus so I think something more pick-proof that cut proof would do the job (have a great big chain and lock - but that's a bit too heavy to lug about!).

What do the wise recomend?

domtyler

Über Member
A small U lock will do the trick, you have to put it through the rear triangle and rear rim.

Maz

Guru
MichaelM said:
...(have a great big chain and lock - but that's a bit too heavy to lug about!).

What do the wise recomend?
Can you leave the chain locked to the rails/rack/etc permanently? Why lug it about?

ChrisW

Michael,

Listen to Maz...him wise man!

I've left locks all over London during the past 15 years, and most of them i've remembered to collect when i chnaged jobs etc.

ChrisW said:
Michael,

Listen to Maz...him wise man!

I've left locks all over London during the past 15 years, and most of them i've remembered to collect when i chnaged jobs etc.

Same as that. Why carry all that metal around? One lock I only retrieved a year after leaving the job.

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
Maz said:
Can you leave the chain locked to the rails/rack/etc permanently? Why lug it about?

In my rush to sort myself out, and get my work done, and fit in a quick ride etc etc I've just been out and bought a Kryptonite lock. I'm now £30 worse off.

But yes, thinking about it I could have left the chain at Uni.

What's that tune.. If I only had a brain......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've just got that Magnum (onguard) but without the extra cables from Halfords. It's one of the latest "onguards" with the 4x locking system (4 x shoot bolts) - it's fairly heavy, but tough - gold standard.

Also bought an onguard pitbull chain - omg it's heavy at 4.5kg's - that for when I'll be leaving my bike on a uni campus in Manchester when I start a new job at one of them... the magnum plus the onguard chain....... The chain will have to remain on site as it's that heavy.....

Top Bottom