I need a new front light - 2 modes only will do , nothing fancy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
More than an hour, often a couple. Which is enough time to complete a commute, or replace batteries with charged up ones. If I’m doing a particularly long remote overnight ride, I’ll carry spare batteries and can replace straight away.

Oh. Fair enough. I hardly ever ride more than about an hour and a half in the dark, so checking at the start of my ride gives me a similar level of check to that. I also hardly ever let my rear light get that close to running out anyhow, since I make it a routine to charge it when I get home every Friday once I am in the time where it gets used regularly, and I'll rarely have used it more than about 12 hours in a week

I must admit, I'm surprised they will start to be noticeably dimmer that long before being too dim to be useful. I definitely don't see that with my front light.

I like the ones I bought,photo in post #20.
I ordered a another set. I may carry the rear one as a spare in my pocket, but it is unlikely the first one will go flat before I get home as I don't cycle far. I stop several times for a swig of water - an ideal time to keep a check on these sort of issues?

Alex321

Veteran
I like the ones I bought,photo in post #20.
I ordered a another set. I may carry the rear one as a spare in my pocket, but it is unlikely the first one will go flat before I get home as I don't cycle far. I stop several times for a swig of water - an ideal time to keep a check on these sort of issues?

Absolutely. If you are stopping anyhow, always check the lights (assuming it is dark of course).

I normally take a swig of water without stopping though. My water bottle is in the cage on the frame and even in the dark I know well enough where that is to get the bottle back in after drinking.

JaseVermin

got me this very good quality

Attachments

• light.jpeg
    light.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom