I need your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
due to temporary financial embarrassment and being at sea at present if it's still open on Wed/Thursday I'll put in. Did last time too.

Many thanks Shaun. The forum is a big part of many lives and many connections have been made through it, myself included who is not a natural connector but share a passion.:smile:

Done, had a card with me I thought was at home.

No-one believes Shaun's the Messiah - we just thought you were being a bit of an arse....

and a bit more of an arse I shall be. When it comes to requests for money on the internet, I will have my doubts. Like has already been said, I know sod all (specifically about website maintenance). And its that lack of knowledge that brings lack of trust with it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
and a bit more of an arse I shall be. When it comes to requests for money on the internet, I will have my doubts. Like has already been said, I know sod all (specifically about website maintenance). And its that lack of knowledge that brings lack of trust with it.
if you can't discriminate between requests for money on the interwebs in general and those from the bloke who runs this forum you might need to be more discriminating in the way you express your doubts.

Amazing - what a fantastic effort - thank you so much! I can’t believe how quickly the target was hit, I’d expected it to take weeks or months, not a few short days. ^_^

Thanks everyone.

I’ll leave it up for a few more days to give those people who haven’t seen it a chance to contribute.

Cheers,
Shaun

What this has demonstrated is how important CC is to us. I'm sure I'm not the only person who would chip in a bit every month. And I'd have no problem with you making an actual living from it.

Alan O

Über Member
You'd think Shaun would be all over this thread bearing in mind he could answer a lot of these questions himself. However, until he responds I'm ducking out so you can all argue about something you have no clue about. Which, ironically, is what was pissing Shaun off all along.
On the contrary. I use a lot of forums and I've worked as a moderator on some (both commercial and free), and the best thing to do with trolls attacking the people running a site is just ignore them (or actually ban them if they go as far as interfering with the enjoyment of others).

As an aside, I've only been using this forum for a little over a year, and the help I've had since I've been here has been worth far more than the modest donation I've made - literally, in money-saving terms.

Just think, if it wasn't for CycleChat none of you would have met me. And can any of you put a price on that?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 4990475, member: 45"]So are you going to continue to benefit from this forum?[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to go on any rides organised via CC. It is now obvious to me that if I do, Shaun might rock up and try to steal my bike to fund his newly established "Pablo Escobar of the Oop Noorth Cartel" lifestyle. And even if he doesn't how do I know I can trust the other people off the internet?
Come to that I'm never buying any more pre-loved gear of that shady geezer Mr Paul. He's obviously just trying to lull me into a false sense of security with his keenly priced second-hand bargains before going in for the kill with £50 for a secondhand something that is only worth £55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom