I never understood the point in..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Lol indeed, there is a fella who power walks where I live. See him every sunday morning without fail in all weathers.. striding along with a fast purpose, arms swinging.. but he's a jolly fellow who says hi to anyone he passes.

XmisterIS said:
Or "power walking". There's a few round me - striding around with a serious expression, done up to the nines in designer tracksuit, sunglasses, sweat bands, etc. :smile:

'Walking' as an Olympic Sport.

tyred

Legendary Member
Mad Doug Biker said:
Yes, it masks the smell of shaving foam, which doesn't smell great. To me anyway - I know/knew a guy who shaved every morning but never put anything on afterwards, so he always had a very curious smell about him, and I hated it.

Get some shaving foam, smell it and then think about smelling like that all day and then about when you are out and about, when you start to sweat, etc etc.
There are worse smells, it's true, but in actual fact, it always reminded me slightly of some sort of mild detergent.

So yes, Aftershave (or Aftershave Moisturiser) has it's purpose - to keep ME sane!
....Either that or take a shower after you have shaved and apply moisturiser once you have finished to avoid dehydrating your skin completely (i.e. to avoid it going all red and raw).

Next question!

But do you really want to walk around all day reeking of Old Spice or some such sicking smell? I remember a school teacher and you could always know if he was walking up behind you as the stick of Brut got strongerxx(

Aftershave does make the skin feel better after shaving but I have never been able to find an unscented aftershave.

I never understood the point of Big Brother and other "reality TV" shows

ChrisKH

Guru
BigonaBianchi said:
I'll go first...

...after shave:wacko::smile:

It's meant to close the pores isn't it? I was advised to use a moisturising one by a doctor to reduce the incidence of shaving rash and infection, etc. It works for me.

darkstar

Don't see the point of..... this thread. Actually I suppose it gives grumpy people a chance to complain.:biggrin:

oliglynn

Über Member
...Chealsea Tractors. Or any 4x4 monstrosity that's never taken off the road, and is most likely driven by a mother who can hardly see over the steering wheel taking her kids to school less than a mile away from home.

Top Bottom