I never understood the point in..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
People who ask "how are you ?" on the phone

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
People who phone you at work and opening gambit is "Who am I speaking to?"... well whoever you are, you called me so you tell me who you are first....:biggrin:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
oliglynn said:
...Chealsea Tractors. Or any 4x4 monstrosity that's never taken off the road, and is most likely driven by a mother who can hardly see over the steering wheel taking her kids to school less than a mile away from home.

They are one of my pet hates when cycling/biking/driving! Especially the ones who go the whole hog and have a "little princess onboard" sticker in the rear window, and feel it is their God-given right to occupy the entire carriageway when loading/unloading children at the school gate. They have a nasty habit of pulling out and changing lanes without looking too.

Spam emails-
Who actually ever bought anything as a result of getting spam?

Hanging baskets-
Plants go in the ground- not suspended up in the air. (Window boxes are OK)

Chris Evans making a breakfast show each day-
As it is exactly the same each day why not just replay last weeks?

Driving a car to the gym and then going on an exercise bike-

Degrees.

Either you're learning to do something, best learnt while doing it. Or you're learning to sit and write stuff down, in which case you should either be shot or made to work in the fields doing something useful.

Sorry, I appear to be channelling Pol Pot this morning.

darkstar

automatic_jon said:
Degrees.

Either you're learning to do something, best learnt while doing it. Or you're learning to sit and write stuff down, in which case you should either be shot or made to work in the fields doing something useful.

Sorry, I appear to be channelling Pol Pot this morning.
Ridiculous nonsense.

ChrisKH

Guru
darkstar said:
Ridiculous nonsense.

He has a point. My sister in law has a 2:1 in Theology from Bristol. Knowledge is a fine thing, but what has she done with it and what was the point? :biggrin:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
...not listening to an iPod at deafening volume while RLJing at night, without lights...

{ dives into bunker}

darkstar

ChrisKH said:
He has a point. My sister in law has a 2:1 in Theology from Bristol. Knowledge is a fine thing, but what has she done with it and what was the point? :biggrin:
I just can't imagine what our society would be like without the great minds who have developed through Universities.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
darkstar said:
Are you seriously stating that great minds, such as Sir Isaac Newton did not benefit from a University education?

He did pretty well while it was shut during an outbreak of the plague :rofl:.

Top Bottom