I never understood the point in..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

top-tube

Über Member
Aluminium/carbon frames. Nowt wrong with steel.

darkstar

marinyork said:
He did pretty well while it was shut during an outbreak of the plague :rofl:.
:rofl: True! But you must agree with me on this one? Universities have been vital to the progression of mankind's knowledge and understanding of the world in my opinion.

Well, thay have been. But that was before our wonderful government decided that our universities should be open to absolutely everybody regardless of academic ability and that our education system should be focussed entirely on providing diplomas in serving MacDonald's happy meals and the like.

This is not a personal dig and contains an example of exaggeration for the purposes of humour.:rofl:

ChrisKH

Guru
threebikesmcginty said:
Rust
Mayonaise
Block paving

Its for Belgian chips, mate. :rofl:

tyred

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
Belgium. I've lived there for years and I still don't see the point of it.

In defence of Belgium, I would like to say they make nice chocolate and host the best grand prix on the F1 calendar.

darkstar

Rhythm Thief said:
Well, thay have been. But that was before our wonderful government decided that our universities should be open to absolutely everybody regardless of academic ability and that our education system should be focussed entirely on providing diplomas in serving MacDonald's happy meals and the like.

This is not a personal dig and contains an example of exaggeration for the purposes of humour.:biggrin:
There're still thousands of extremely talented academics who come out of the top universities. I wouldn't consider myself to be within that top category, but I'm predicted to get a first class for my chosen subject (Geography). I'm passionate about the subject and grateful for the opportunity to study.

Top Bottom