I really don't like how modern road bikes are decorated/painted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
42089HBO111111M.jpg

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Ok, nuts to what I said about stealth bikes, I want this bike!
I do like this quite a lot but I would still have to peel the stickers off the rims though.
If I was the pilot of a stealth bomber then I'd have this bike back at the aeroplane garage (or wherever they park the things) for when I got back. I'd probably fly the plane in my cycling gear so that I could just get straight on it when I parked the bomber.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's the same colour as our MyCyclingLog tickers.

Al.. I am shocked mate...xx(:laugh:
I'd say it was closer to the colour of your ''sick'' emoticon. The MCL ticker has a bit of yellow in it and I saw a similar and gorgeous, almost olive green M Steel bike on Brighton seafront on Saturday morning. Green can be the kind of colour that doesn't shout ''look at me'' but when you do look at it, you want to look just that little bit longer.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Hmmm.

You know I think I'm a convert. Since this thread I've actually been paying attention to the paint job on bikes (all of them) and I do actually agree (at least I'm starting to) that less is, indeed, more. I think perhaps I was falling for the "all that glitters trap" but now, after a few weeks of reflection, I'm coming round.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
The UK Sport Innovation bikes used by Bradley Wiggins and others is quite subtle. But there again, they don't particuarly want to sell lots of bikes.

Is the fashion for massive decals based on making the frames look bigger? In that the bigger frame is more high-tech, more Carbon and less steel, or even aluminium? Look at me, see how big my tubes are, and therefore how much this is a Carbon bike!!!!

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
The UK Sport Innovation bikes used by Bradley Wiggins and others is quite subtle. But there again, they don't particuarly want to sell lots of bikes.

Is the fashion for massive decals based on making the frames look bigger? In that the bigger frame is more high-tech, more Carbon and less steel, or even aluminium? Look at me, see how big my tubes are, and therefore how much this is a Carbon bike!!!!
It does seem that the carbon bikes are the worst offenders so you may have a point. They could well be drawing attention to the fact that they are not steel or aliminium. However I still prefer the look of the carbon bikes without all the graphics.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
What's the general thoughts on the Vino Tarmac from specialized. The Olympics has regulations on the size of decals and number of them on the frame. I'm interested to know if people think its too much and If this is due to the decals, paint, or both

Limited_Vino_News_Header.jpg

Top Bottom