1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I saw an eyesore...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Arch, 17 Sep 2007.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Riding down to the allotment yesterday, I saw the most pimped up van I've ever seen. It had so many fins and spoilers and moulded body parts sticking out and up like sails, it looked like the bastard offspring of a Transit van and the Cutty Sark.

I can't believe it gained any advantage in terms of speed or fuel efficiency, the extra height might well have prevented it fron getting into some car parks and to me, it looked preposterous. Why oh why....?

2. If ever I see something like that I openly laugh and point. I hope you did the same!!

3. Lefire

Lefire New Member

so what were you doing in Essex yesterday then ?

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

every quid spend on that rubbish will take a quid off its sell on value. what a plonker!

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I didn't see an eyesore, but I saw a seesaw.

6. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

I'd like to say that it's not like that in Essex but unfortunately it is. I got overtaken (I was doing 70) on a short dual carriage-way by an altered Fiesta and a Porsche both being driven at breakneck speed by youngsters yesterday. It makes you want them to injure themselves before somebody else gets hurt or killed.

Is it the proximity to the Ford Motor works or something in the water?

7. Lefire

Lefire New Member

I find I can't drive that fast while wearing my white stilettos...well, not while putting my lippy on too.

what part of Essex are you in ChrisKH ?

8. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Arch do you have it on camera? We could start a 'most pimped car/van thread', ;)

9. Big Bren

Big Bren New Member

I wonder if the driver of said van is posting on a van-pimping forum, about smug, middle-aged people dressed in unflattering, lurid spandex clothing, riding overpriced carbon fibre bicycles?

Just a thought.

Bren

10. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Did Bonj's van project get out of hand?

11. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

it's a side effect of SWS (small willy syndrome), a common complaint amoungst Sowf Essex spotty oiks, especially around here.

12. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

How do you know BTFB? Don't tell me you go round with a ruler.....;)

13. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I only did it becaus I thought you'd like it. ;)

14. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

That's exactly the sort of callous attitude that has made so many of us men crushingy insecure.

Bitch.

15. Steady on old chap..!