I saw an eyesore...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Riding down to the allotment yesterday, I saw the most pimped up van I've ever seen. It had so many fins and spoilers and moulded body parts sticking out and up like sails, it looked like the bastard offspring of a Transit van and the Cutty Sark.

I can't believe it gained any advantage in terms of speed or fuel efficiency, the extra height might well have prevented it fron getting into some car parks and to me, it looked preposterous. Why oh why....?

If ever I see something like that I openly laugh and point. I hope you did the same!!

ChrisKH

Guru
Lefire said:
so what were you doing in Essex yesterday then ?

I'd like to say that it's not like that in Essex but unfortunately it is. I got overtaken (I was doing 70) on a short dual carriage-way by an altered Fiesta and a Porsche both being driven at breakneck speed by youngsters yesterday. It makes you want them to injure themselves before somebody else gets hurt or killed.

Is it the proximity to the Ford Motor works or something in the water?

Lefire

I find I can't drive that fast while wearing my white stilettos...well, not while putting my lippy on too.

what part of Essex are you in ChrisKH ?

Big Bren

I wonder if the driver of said van is posting on a van-pimping forum, about smug, middle-aged people dressed in unflattering, lurid spandex clothing, riding overpriced carbon fibre bicycles?

Just a thought.

Bren

Did Bonj's van project get out of hand?

Arch said:
Riding down to the allotment yesterday, I saw the most pimped up van I've ever seen. It had so many fins and spoilers and moulded body parts sticking out and up like sails, it looked like the bastard offspring of a Transit van and the Cutty Sark.

I can't believe it gained any advantage in terms of speed or fuel efficiency, the extra height might well have prevented it fron getting into some car parks and to me, it looked preposterous. Why oh why....?

I only did it becaus I thought you'd like it. ;)

Top Bottom