I scalped the ignorant one

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

Maybe i didn't explain myself clearly enough? What peed me off was that i know this bloke and he knows me. Off the bike he's fine.on it he thinks he's in the peleton! He's the one doing the aggressive cycling as you can hear him almost grunting to overtake! I don't usually overtake someone who's just overtaken me,but i thought i'd do it to him to let him see what it's like to be overtaken. The next time it happens i'll just laugh at him because he now knows that he isn't unbeatable and that if i want to i can do unto him as he does to others! Anyway as far as i'm concerned the subject is now closed. If you want you can decipher every word i used in my opening post,but that's up to you! Oh and please no more name calling,it isn't needed as it lowers the tone of the conversation and detracts from the original topic!:thumbsup:

Wow, you really showed him eh.

You know when you think someone is being childish? And then you lower yourself to that level? Guess what that makes you.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wow, you really showed him eh.

You know when you think someone is being childish? And then you lower yourself to that level? Guess what that makes you.

Please go on and tell me what it makes me! I said i wasn't going to respond but your childish name calling continues so.....http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/why-do-so-many-threads-end-up-with-arguements-on-them.158080/page-4

martint235

Dog on a bike
Nope. Sorry. Still don't see the issue. You know a bloke and he happens to cycle the same route as you. He's also quicker than you. But you get upset that he doesn't tell you that he's about to overtake you. Perhaps he's embarrassed that he has to keep overtaking you? Or he's concerned that if he does say something, your instinctive reaction will be to look over your shoulder and perhaps veer slightly right throwing him off his line?

I'd start going a different route and really push it to get quicker. Then when you're fast enough, rejoin his route.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nope. Sorry. Still don't see the issue. You know a bloke and he happens to cycle the same route as you. He's also quicker than you. But you get upset that he doesn't tell you that he's about to overtake you. Perhaps he's embarrassed that he has to keep overtaking you? Or he's concerned that if he does say something, your instinctive reaction will be to look over your shoulder and perhaps veer slightly right throwing him off his line?

I'd start going a different route and really push it to get quicker. Then when you're fast enough, rejoin his route.

:tired:http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/why-do-so-many-threads-end-up-with-arguements-on-them.158080/page-4

Tyke

Maybe i didn't explain myself clearly enough? What peed me off was that i know this bloke and he knows me. Off the bike he's fine.on it he thinks he's in the peleton! He's the one doing the aggressive cycling as you can hear him almost grunting to overtake! I don't usually overtake someone who's just overtaken me,but i thought i'd do it to him to let him see what it's like to be overtaken. The next time it happens i'll just laugh at him because he now knows that he isn't unbeatable and that if i want to i can do unto him as he does to others! Anyway as far as i'm concerned the subject is now closed. If you want you can decipher every word i used in my opening post,but that's up to you! Oh and please no more name calling,it isn't needed as it lowers the tone of the conversation and detracts from the original topic!:thumbsup:
Your still taking this far more seriously than you should be

Cyclopathic

Veteran
There i was out on the bike when he passed me again!! The bloke who's passed me about 4 or 5 times without as much as a hello or even a cough to let me know he's approaching. I know some say it isn't a requirement of cycling that you acknowledge other cyclists but i always let a cyclist in front of me know that i'm behind them or about to overtake them,so this bloke has been getting me a bit annoyed with his antics especially when i've shouted as he passes that a simple "how do" wouldn't go amiss and he's ignored me. So tonight he sailed past and i went for him! I tailed him for about half a mile then took him on the flat then maintained my position even though he was about a foot behind me most of the way. He must've been seething as he was struggling to overtake me again,i held him off for another 2 miles then turned left,looked over my shoulder to witness him giving me an unfriendly gesture! This bloke goes down my local pub by the way,we've even talked about bikes and i reckon he knows who i am,but he must have a different mind set when he's out on his bike!
You say in your post that he's met you. Could this have a bearing on matters?

Top Bottom