I screwed up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Glad you're happier. Enjoy the bike...you've earned it this week!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Fingers crossed all is well next week - sounds as if it should be.
The fact you've been worried shows you're a conscientious person and your manager must know this.

Try to make sure you enjoy that lovely bike. :biggrin:

dudi

glad to hear it's working out PP, leting sleeping dogs lay is quite often the best policy where work is concerned.

Hopefully no one will find out the countless mistakes i've made in my job...
Did i tell you I work for a bank... hah.

(of course I am joking, please do not sell your shares in any bank... I have a lot of shares and they've suffered enough!!)

Well if you think it's OK, that's good but I rather misunderstood the urgency of the original post, in particular, I'm surprised you never even brought it up with your line manager.

I look forward to a report on the new bike though.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
I didn't bring it up, because if the call hasn't been pulled for some very odd reason (can't see why), then it would definitely be pulled if I bring it up, which would not necessarily be a good thing and it might cause more problems than it solves. If it has been pulled (which it should have been), I obviously didn't mishear after all, which is the main thing!...it might still go pearshaped, but I'm feeling faintly hopefull.... It's not one of those companies where owning up to potential mistakes is a particularly good idea... Discussed it with a few colleagues who knew about it, and the general consensus was doing nothing was probably the best way forward in this particular case.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Well PP, a day has now gone by, whatever danger/ distress you may or may not of caused has passed and nothing has happened. Take the weekend to calm down and when you go back to work next week, keep your head down about this subject and move on.

TWBNK

Hey PP.
If you work for a careline and the service users are old then there is often little you can do to convince them that they should actually bother people if something is wrong. They have a totally different set of values to a lot of the younger population.
Often they will tell little porkies so as not to bother anyone.
The number of times that I have been called in the ambulance to attend someone in sheltered / warden controlled housing who have sat on the floor overnight waiting for a carer to call in in the morning before putting anyone to trouble. These people generally have a pendant around their necks and when asked why they didn't press the button they will say that they didn't want to trouble anyone.

It is difficult enough dealing face to face without having the problem of a communications system added to the mix (especially where the speaker / microphones may well be in a different room of the accommodation to where the service user is). Often if they end up going to the hospital they will deny that there is anything wrong, until we hand over to the nurse when they will admit to having had chest pains / difficulty in breathing / blackouts (delete as necessary) to make us look bad.
It is strange what some older people will do to avoid fuss.

Top Bottom