I smell....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
…or at least I have a notable smell.

As lockdown has progressed I (like many others) working constantly from home have let 'standards' slip a bit. I've ended-up wearing a rotation of the same T-shirts, fleeces and shorts. Can't remember when I wore long trousers or socks. Shaving is a weekly event. I shower pretty much every day using an all-in one shampoo block. But since Covid, Wimpers has lost her sense of smell, so a while back I stopped using deodorant (I use those crystal stick jobs), or anything other than moisturiser to maintain my good looks.
Now after some weeks I have noticed I have a very distinct body odour. I can't ask Wimps what I smell like I I'm not in close proximity to anyone else to ask. The Dogs and the Cat don't seem to object.
It's not unpleasant particularly, or pungent, but it's a sweet oniony smell! Not a surprise because everything I cook seems to begin with onions, garlic mostly, and celery quite often, I'm a big ground pepper user too.

Has anybody else discovered a natural body odour?
Or am I just weird....:becool:

rikki

Legendary Member
Coffee

Drago

Legendary Member
I suffer burns from deodorant. Vaseline spray anti-whif is the only one that doesnt burn me, and its not available everywhere. Even shops that do sell i sometimes don have it in stock, so probabky a third of the time I'm not wearing deodorant. I shower daily so I never get pongy, but im used to a more biological pong than most people because of it.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You are just weird, Fabbers........but we knew that already, and that's why we like you
We do? I thought he was tolerated for the chicken nuggets.

I got past the lockdown slob thing pretty quickly, tracksuit bottoms or knackered shorts only lasted a couple of months before I bucked my ideas up. However, permanent closure of the UK offices and therefore long term work from home is making me revaluate things and I increasingly find myself looking for comfortable lower half attire that at least halfway matches a polo shirt / wool sweater.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I can't stand the smell of most deodorants and never use aftershave... so it's always a natural body odour coming from me.

nobody ever says i smell, until I tell them that i don't wear any manufactured scents. Only then I'm smelly ba**ard, apparently. :whistle:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I claim the 5th...

byegad

Legendary Member
Eating a lot of onions will result in you sweating some of the onion oils. As they contain a compound we can't process it taints your sweat. In the early days of our self imposed purdah (Anniversary on Monday coming.) shopping online was difficult and we ended up eating a whole lot of onions, as they were all we could get!
Showering every day it was noticeable as we stripped off. [Lady Byegad needed and still does need, help getting in and out of the cubicle.] As our online shopping situation improved and onions became just an occasional one rather than 4 out of our five-a-day the smell disappeared.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Thioalcohols is what you’re smelling.
Nothing to do with eating onions. But onions contain it too.
Your armpit biota, the bacteria, eat your sweat and make thioalcohols. Some people’s thioalcohols smell egg-like; others more onion-like.
Embrace your natural odour. From here, you smell fine. ( Mind you, I do have a dog on my lap.)

Top Bottom