I spotted this wonderfully coloured car on the way up to the hospital this aft'!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So why did the seller say it was £13,000, when it's £10,495? 🤔 Unless he thought I didn't have the money and would want a monthly credit payment deal, the cheeky git!:rolleyes:

• Monthly payments of:£207.8
  • Best available rate:11.9%
  • Total cost of credit:£2,976.00
  • Total payable:£13,471.00
It'd be tempting, if I could negotiate a straight 10 grand sale! :okay:

I'd be giving up my soft top/open roof experience though! That would be quite a drawback! 🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mmm, approximately £135 more annual insurance than I pay for my current car.

SagaHomeandCar0721.gif
Annual price £354.33

That's not bad. I was expecting about £500 minimum.🤔

So that'd be a combined insurance and tax increase of around £280, which works out at around 76p per day.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Its MOT history doesn’t read well. So many major and dangerous failure reasons in the suspension and tyres in such a young car suggests it’s been thrashed. I’d avoid it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Then there's the attraction for car thieves to be considered. You can't miss this car due to its colour. Thieves will notice it and then consider either breaking in the car or stealing it outright. Leaving it overnight about 100 yards from my flat and also out of sight as I look out my flat would be a big concern! The last 'boy racer' type car I had was an XR2 in the early 1990's. Even though it was most nights parked directly outside my house, in full view from my bedroom window It had chrome wheel nuts stolen, a wing mirror kicked off and some dirty skank kept gobbing on it. Eventually it was stolen after thieves who couldn't start the engine just rolled it away down the road, spotted by a neighbour who phoned the uninterested police.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just had a thought! If my craving is for a custard yellow car and not necessarily a 'performance car' how about asking my old mate from school days and the local pub how much it'd cost to have my off white/cream 500c sprayed bright yellow, like the car at the start of this thread was! I don't think he'd charge £3000 like they did with that Daihatsu. 🤔

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x487b9eb1b2802937:0x3def06909ad073d6!3m1!7e115!4s/ma

vickster

Legendary Member
Check what impact colour change might have on licensing and insurance first.
Doesn’t it have a beige roof though which will look awful with yellow?

Top Bottom