I spotted this wonderfully coloured car on the way up to the hospital this aft'!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Its MOT history doesnā€™t read well. So many major and dangerous failure reasons in the suspension and tyres in such a young car suggests itā€™s been thrashed. Iā€™d avoid it.

There are 2 ways of looking at this.

Sometimes a clean MOT history can mean it's been to someone friendly that passes the car more rather than being too critical

Same on the other side. A bad MOT history can suggest it's been to a garage that are critical and want to keep their reputation.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Never understood the craze for low profile tyresā€¦.guess I was built for comfort, not speed šŸ¤Ŗ

Yes, you can't beat chunky, not low profile tyres on a Fiat 500!! :thumbsup:

desktop-wallpaper-old-fiat-500-large-wheels-cars-with-big-wheels.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yellow can up the premium according to this...

https://www.cuvva.com/how-insurance-works/car-colour
It's too late I've had it resprayed this afternoon! šŸ§ I asked my friend at TIBS if he could do it and he said "yes and I can do it now if you want"! So here it is! It's not quite the 'electric yellow' I wanted, but the paint job was cheap so I can't complain!:okay:

nc_ohc=cQey1Yyo1DkAX94XlkD&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

He even put a floral design sticker on the rear side, to camp it up a bit!! šŸ’‹

nc_ohc=ngevXumIREcAX-WmMca&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Even fitted a tin roof, fast work ;)

The Abarth is still there for sale by the way. I'm thinking of asking for a test drive, as they do say in their write up/advert for the car that they advise you try before you buy. The thing is, will they let me take it out with my mutt sat on the passenger seat, as he'll be the only one who sits on it, if I buy it! šŸ¤” If I do take the car for a test drive I don't want some pushy salesman sat next to me giving it the hard sell!:thumbsdown:

vickster

Legendary Member
The Abarth is still there for sale by the way. I'm thinking of asking for a test drive, as they do say in their write up/advert for the car that they advise you try before you buy. The thing is, will they let me take it out with my mutt sat on the passenger seat, as he'll be the only one who sits on it, if I buy it! šŸ¤” If I do take the car for a test drive I don't want some pushy salesman sat next to me giving it the hard sell!:thumbsdown:

You can only ask, salesman might not be happy though. Why does the dog need to sit there on a test drive? :wacko:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You can only ask, salesman might not be happy though. Why does the dog need to sit there on a test drive? :wacko:
When I've bought my last few cars from the same place, the owner of the place has always said "Take it for a good drive. Take as long as you want"! He didn't come with me, knowing that puts buyers off. As for my mutt, it's so he can 'get a feel of the car seat'. If he looks uncomy on it, that could affect the outcome of the test drive! šŸ§

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
When I've bought my last few cars from the same place, the owner of the place has always said "Take it for a good drive. Take as long as you want"! He didn't come with me, knowing that puts buyers off. As for my mutt, it's so he can 'get a feel of the car seat'. If he looks uncomy on it, that could affect the outcome of the test drive! šŸ§

Well if itā€™s the same place, why would it be an issue this time?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Compare that salesman to the one a few years ago, who said when I asked for my 4th or so test drive "Not you again! How many f..k..g times are you gonna mess me about"! That while wearing a vest and shorts as well!!:ohmy:

Mind you, He did pull a car out for me from right at the back, meaning lots of cars had to be moved to get the one he thought I meant out. When I say meant, he pulled the wrong one out! When I said "No, not that one I meant the one next to it" perhaps you could understand his frustration!:unsure:

Last edited:
I would worry about a salesman who objects to simple conditions for a test drive

We found what looked like the perfect car for us once - took it out for a test and got back about 15 minutes later
he was mad - complained that we had taken too long and he couldn;t let other people go for a test because we had the trade plates
we were the only people there before and after - but he claimed otherwise

anyway - we just walked out and left it

if they are than unreasonable - what are they going to be like if you have a minor after sales problem??

and also - unreasonable people are more likely to be hiding something

Top Bottom