I think Ebike users should have a dedicated section on Strava??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the title says

I work with a bloke who uses one, and is on Strava, and every day it`s "3rd overall" this and "2nd overall" that, an it`s plain and simple that he`s clocking these top 10`s, and god forbid KOM`s, and making NO EFFORT whatsoever, the bike is doing all the work. I have precious few top 10`s and only 3 KOMs, and I work bloody hard for them.

I don`t want to open a can of worms, but it really doesn`t seem fair on those who are relying solely on their own legs to do the work

Oh no, the horror.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Not all people use Strava to gain KOMs. It is also used just to record where you have been. It may surprise some but some cyclists just ride a bike for the enjoyment of riding a bike.

What is funny is that some people dont understand that concept.

Contact Strava and suggest it to them. They may take it on board.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I was under the impression that there is an Ebike section on strava, but that people didn't know about it, or they didnt use it because they would like their ordinary bike records as well as ebike records merged together, so that they could see all of their results. I could be wrong of course.

sight-pin

Veteran
E-bike riders just need to click 'Add a description' when viewing the ride, then click 'List' under 'Sport' to segregate their ride.

Screenshot (45).png

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Perhaps you need to put Strava into some perspective and use if for your own benefit about your personal achievements, rather than those of others?
How does a rider with a steel bike "compete" with a rider of a full carbon bike? How does a 60 year old amateur on an aluminium bike compare with pro rider just out enjoying himself, but still covering ground way faster than the 60 year old?

Venod

Eh up
My claim to fame, KOM in same time as Tom Pidcock, the wind was a big help for me, Tom may have had a headwind who knows.

upload_2017-11-19_8-44-51.png

Lonestar

Veteran
Probably a few reasons why I don't want Strava.I'm not fast enough and I don't want to be worrying about what other people are doing.

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
As the title says

I work with a bloke who uses one, and is on Strava, and every day it`s "3rd overall" this and "2nd overall" that, an it`s plain and simple that he`s clocking these top 10`s, and god forbid KOM`s, and making NO EFFORT whatsoever, the bike is doing all the work. I have precious few top 10`s and only 3 KOMs, and I work bloody hard for them.

I don`t want to open a can of worms, but it really doesn`t seem fair on those who are relying solely on their own legs to do the work

Flag his rides. That’ll stop him.

Not all people use Strava to gain KOMs. It is also used just to record where you have been. It may surprise some but some cyclists just ride a bike for the enjoyment of riding a bike.

What is funny is that some people dont understand that concept.

Contact Strava and suggest it to them. They may take it on board.
Totally agree. To track my rides, I use RidewithGPS and Mapmyride. I have no interest in competing on an app....the apps I use allow me to track my personal best, but the reason I evr owned a bike was to get out and enjoy it.

Top Bottom