1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think Ebike users should have a dedicated section on Strava??

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by iateyoubutler, 18 Nov 2017.

1. Ian H

Ian H Guru

Strava is an amusing bit of cycling fluff. I upload some rides (after the event as my Etrex doesn't do wireless) just for others to giggle at. It shows me some meaningless 'PRs' on random bits of road, which I ignore. If I want to compete, I'll ride a time-trial (and probably not use the Etrex).
    Katherine likes this.
  2. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

I don't think they are all completely meaningless. this is one we do at the end of a lot of rides. it's good to see how much you have left in your legs after riding 40+ miles. it's only a bit of fun but it's good to see who the fast guys are. These are all people i know. i have flagged a couple of guy's on there for doing it on mopeds.:laugh:

Attached Files:

3. Mr potts

Mr potts Active Member

Ossett W.Yorks
    I was out with a cycling mate of mine last week we started going up a hill at a decent pace ( on road bikes ) and all of a sudden a guy shoots past us on an electric mtb, we had a look on returning home and lo and behold he had the KOM !! my mate messaged him but got no reply?
  4. david k

david k Hi

North West
    I use endomondo as a simple mileage tracker, I think it's really good for that, I did have premium but don't use it currently
    I use endomondo for walking cycling, hiking etc.

I use strava for cycling only, not to look at others but I like to see my segments against historic rides, I like that feature
  5. cyberknight

cyberknight Guru

South Derbyshire
    If it bothers you then flag any rides you know for sure are then let strava decide, i dont care anymore tbh, i have better things to worry about.
  6. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

I'm not a Strava user, but I understand there's an ebike section, or a means for the honest ebiker to mark his/her rides.

The extent of ebike cheating on Strava is hard to judge, but I expect there is more cheating done in other ways, such as the various programmes which massage your Strava results in a faster direction.
    sight-pin likes this.
  7. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

El Sofa
    You don't even have to select "e-bike ride" if you don't want to, theirs also a box you can tick to "Hide from leaderboards" so your ride will not show on KOM's, but i think you can still compare your rides to the leaderboard.