I think Ebike users should have a dedicated section on Strava??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
All in all I prefer RideWithGPS as an online records, route planning and stats tool

I ditched Strava earlier this year and deleted all my rides, I like ride with GPS but it doesn't handle your average moving speed very well, it was constantly over estimating mine, I couldn't find a fix for this, so I have gone back to Strava, I had 40+ KOMs when I left now down to 22 showing on my profile and a few I still have that are not showing :wacko: but my average moving speed is more realistic on Strava.

If you ever reload your rides to Strava don't load them as private, there is no way to un-privatise them globally and its a pain in the neck doing it individually.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
As the title says

I work with a bloke who uses one, and is on Strava, and every day it`s "3rd overall" this and "2nd overall" that, an it`s plain and simple that he`s clocking these top 10`s, and god forbid KOM`s, and making NO EFFORT whatsoever, the bike is doing all the work. I have precious few top 10`s and only 3 KOMs, and I work bloody hard for them.

I don`t want to open a can of worms, but it really doesn`t seem fair on those who are relying solely on their own legs to do the work
Flag the ride. simple.:okay:

D

Deleted member 26715

Probably a few reasons why I don't want Strava.I'm not fast enough and I don't want to be worrying about what other people are doing.
You don't have to, I don't, but I must admit I look at my section times sometimes with curiosity & think a) Wow look how quick they did that compared to mine it's funny & b) Wow look how quick they did that compared to mine it must have been really dangerous to go that speed over that section. :biggrin:

Venod

Eh up
It's true that RWGPS typically gives higher values than Strava but this doesn't make RWGPS an over estimate or Strava an under estimate.

But I know how long I have been stopped on a ride or under a certain speed as set on my Garmin and Strava gets it right were as RWGPS constantly thinks I am stopped more than I am or under a certain speed, if you know how to fix this please tell as that is the reason I am now back using Strava, RWGPS was flattering just not correct.

Last edited:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
If you really want a KOM then just make a segment along an obscure back road, and it will probably last for quite some time. Or make a long convoluted route that someone is only every going to get by actually trying to get that segment!

Venod

Eh up
The fact that the absolute values of X and Y are a bit higher from RWGPS than they are from Strava is irrelevant.

I am going to have disagree, it isn't irrelevant when RWGPS is saying my moving time is 45 minutes on a hour ride and Strava is saying its 55 minutes ( and I know I have only 5 minutes of stopped time) I would say Strava is right and RWGPS got it wrong, I keep a log of my rides mostly for mileage total but if I am recording other metric I want them as accurate as possible.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Can I use strava on my assisted bike then. Mine's 1000cc petrol assistance - that's allowed then?

I tried that on my Guzzi and Strava recognised I was going a bit quick to be a cycle.

[QUOTE 5048322, member: 43827"]And we mustn't break the rules or..............or what?[/QUOTE]
Or nothing. Strava isn't under UCI rules. :okay:

The titles says Strava should have a section for ebikes. I pointed out it already has, but you can't force anyone to use it. Cheating on Strava is trivial.

@iateyoubutler tell your colleague to record his ride

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Strava is an amusing bit of cycling fluff. I upload some rides (after the event as my Etrex doesn't do wireless) just for others to giggle at. It shows me some meaningless 'PRs' on random bits of road, which I ignore. If I want to compete, I'll ride a time-trial (and probably not use the Etrex).

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Strava is an amusing bit of cycling fluff. I upload some rides (after the event as my Etrex doesn't do wireless) just for others to giggle at. It shows me some meaningless 'PRs' on random bits of road, which I ignore. If I want to compete, I'll ride a time-trial (and probably not use the Etrex).
I don't think they are all completely meaningless. this is one we do at the end of a lot of rides. it's good to see how much you have left in your legs after riding 40+ miles. it's only a bit of fun but it's good to see who the fast guys are. These are all people i know. i have flagged a couple of guy's on there for doing it on mopeds.:laugh:

Attachments

• strava.PNG
    strava.PNG
    42.4 KB · Views: 60

david k

Hi
I use endomondo as a simple mileage tracker, I think it's really good for that, I did have premium but don't use it currently
I use endomondo for walking cycling, hiking etc.

I use strava for cycling only, not to look at others but I like to see my segments against historic rides, I like that feature

Top Bottom