I think Ebike users should have a dedicated section on Strava??

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by iateyoubutler, 18 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dogtrousers likes this.
  2. Afnug

Afnug Everything you can imagine is real

I ditched Strava earlier this year and deleted all my rides, I like ride with GPS but it doesn't handle your average moving speed very well, it was constantly over estimating mine, I couldn't find a fix for this, so I have gone back to Strava, I had 40+ KOMs when I left now down to 22 showing on my profile and a few I still have that are not showing :wacko: but my average moving speed is more realistic on Strava.

If you ever reload your rides to Strava don't load them as private, there is no way to un-privatise them globally and its a pain in the neck doing it individually.

3. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Flag the ride. simple.:okay:

4. Nigel-YZ1

Nigel-YZ1 Guru

For those that chase KOM's, yes there should be segregation.
    I'm only looking at my personal times and laughing at how much faster everyone else is.
    The only time I can get a KOM is if a stand near the top and whack everyone that comes by with a large wet fish.

FishFright and glasgowcyclist like this.
  5. Phaeton

Phaeton Veteran

You don't have to, I don't, but I must admit I look at my section times sometimes with curiosity & think a) Wow look how quick they did that compared to mine it's funny & b) Wow look how quick they did that compared to mine it must have been really dangerous to go that speed over that section. :biggrin:

Lonestar likes this.
  6. Afnug

But I know how long I have been stopped on a ride or under a certain speed as set on my Garmin and Strava gets it right were as RWGPS constantly thinks I am stopped more than I am or under a certain speed, if you know how to fix this please tell as that is the reason I am now back using Strava, RWGPS was flattering just not correct.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2017
  7. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

If you really want a KOM then just make a segment along an obscure back road, and it will probably last for quite some time. Or make a long convoluted route that someone is only every going to get by actually trying to get that segment!

8. Afnug

I am going to have disagree, it isn't irrelevant when RWGPS is saying my moving time is 45 minutes on a hour ride and Strava is saying its 55 minutes ( and I know I have only 5 minutes of stopped time) I would say Strava is right and RWGPS got it wrong, I keep a log of my rides mostly for mileage total but if I am recording other metric I want them as accurate as possible.

Dogtrousers likes this.
  9. I tried that on my Guzzi and Strava recognised I was going a bit quick to be a cycle.

10. [QUOTE 5048322, member: 43827"]And we mustn't break the rules or..............or what?[/QUOTE]
    Or nothing. Strava isn't under UCI rules. :okay:

The titles says Strava should have a section for ebikes. I pointed out it already has, but you can't force anyone to use it. Cheating on Strava is trivial.

@iateyoubutler tell your colleague to record his ride

11. Ian H

Ian H Guru

Strava is an amusing bit of cycling fluff. I upload some rides (after the event as my Etrex doesn't do wireless) just for others to giggle at. It shows me some meaningless 'PRs' on random bits of road, which I ignore. If I want to compete, I'll ride a time-trial (and probably not use the Etrex).

Katherine likes this.
  12. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

I don't think they are all completely meaningless. this is one we do at the end of a lot of rides. it's good to see how much you have left in your legs after riding 40+ miles. it's only a bit of fun but it's good to see who the fast guys are. These are all people i know. i have flagged a couple of guy's on there for doing it on mopeds.:laugh:

Attached Files:

13. Mr potts

Mr potts Well-Known Member

I was out with a cycling mate of mine last week we started going up a hill at a decent pace ( on road bikes ) and all of a sudden a guy shoots past us on an electric mtb, we had a look on returning home and lo and behold he had the KOM !! my mate messaged him but got no reply?
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1319508114/segments/32660828504

14. david k

david k Hi

I use endomondo as a simple mileage tracker, I think it's really good for that, I did have premium but don't use it currently
    I use endomondo for walking cycling, hiking etc.

I use strava for cycling only, not to look at others but I like to see my segments against historic rides, I like that feature

15. cyberknight

cyberknight Legendary Member

If it bothers you then flag any rides you know for sure are then let strava decide, i dont care anymore tbh, i have better things to worry about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice