I think I might walk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I know. Rule 5. But its howling a gale and bucketing down, or more horizontal than down.
I'm so fed up of battling headwinds and getting wet.
If it makes it more acceptable I'll go to the pub after work.

not worth it IMO, I`m usually one to prescribe the MTFU pills but with someone at my work being blown of the bike and doing some serious bone breakage I think its wise to think safety first.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
since most of my 4 mile commute is uphill, it wouldn't take me much longer to walk... but seeing as most of my journey home is downhill, I'll walk with the bike if need be :thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
since most of my 4 mile commute is uphill, it wouldn't take me much longer to walk... but seeing as most of my journey home is downhill, I'll walk with the bike if need be :thumbsup:
Yeah, I often set out for my short commute in horrid weather thinking "I'll walk the most iffy bits if needs be".
Only once in 4 winters I had to actually dismount because of the wind.
It seems my journey timings are just right ^_^

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
I am gambling today and going for it! The journey home could be a bit wet but it should have all blown over by 5pm,well so Mr Weatherman says anyway.....
Good luck everyone!

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Well amazingly I had a dry trip out and in! Result.
Hope everyone else did ^_^

Sara_H

Guru
With cycling I apply a different rule to other activities, only one of these factors is allowed:

Very windy
Hard rain
Cold

Two of these, and I'll run instead

Three, and I'll get a beer
I like your rule system. I think I'll adopt it, except I'll walk or catch a bus.

Top Bottom