I think im converted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I think I'm definitely now a cycle commuter, I wasn't sure but after last night I think Ive seen the signs. All day people asked me in unbelieving tones "You're not on your bike are you?". To which I replied "Of course", then I watched the dark clouds gather and the building be pelted by rain showers all day.

So at about 5.30 in pitch black, with hailstones pinging off the bike bell and the light, lighting up the rain so it looked like I was going through Hyperspace. I found myself grinning like a kid instead of being miserable I was wet.

So I was up again this morning riding through the puddles and I caught quite a good pic of a rainbow arching over the road, it made me late but I had to catch it :angry:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
great pic inertia - welcome to CC!

it's a great feeling isn't it being on the bike!
Hope you continue to enjoy the ride!

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Thanks for the welcome and compliments everyone, I appreciate it :blush:

ttcycle said:
it's a great feeling isn't it being on the bike!
Hope you continue to enjoy the ride!

It is! I hope I can keep it up and Im pretty determined to. Seeing sites like this morning helps, I've managed to take some other snaps to remind me of what I would miss if went back to the car :angry:. Im lucky in that my ride is quite rural and follows a canal for a way which is nice in the mornings.

HobbesChoice

That's an amazing photo Inertia. Definitely a motivator for your cycling commute. Thanks for sharing that.

Mr Pig

skudupnorth said:
It's fun is'nt it ??? for some reason i do not look at rain as a pain...more of a challenge !!!

I just don't like it. Going to work it means arriving at work wet, on long rides it's just uncomfortable and water + bicycles = lots more maintenance.

Top Bottom