I think I'm cursed !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
First morning back on the bike after a week off due to a heavy cold, and guess who paid a visit ? 2nd time in just over a month, and both big enough to penetrate the Schwalbe Marathon Plus'es ;) Fortunately it was only 1.5 miles into the ride, and it was letting the air out slowly enough to allow me to about-turn and get home to ditch the bike, change and get the bus.

This time it was a dirty great nail - the head's as big as a drawing pin, so I can't wait to see how long the bit buried in the tyre is when I get home tonight.

I think someone's laying a line of nails and glass across the path in a dark spot to catch me out :sad:

I've never noticed nails but there's plenty of broken bottles on paths which appear to me to be strategically positioned.

Maz

Guru
Bad luck, there, Goo - happens to all of us. Glad you got home OK.

BTW, everyone, do NOT read this:

puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, PUNCTURE, PUNCTURE, PUNCTURE, PUNCTURE, PUNCTURE!

Now YOU will get one by this time tomorrow!
Muah hahah hahah!

Tetedelacourse

Maz said:
Bad luck, there, Goo - happens to all of us. Glad you got home OK.

BTW, everyone, do NOT read this:

puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, puncture, PUNCTURE, PUNCTURE, PUNCTURE, PUNCTURE, PUNCTURE!

Now YOU will get one by this time tomorrow!
Muah hahah hahah!

Glad to see you using that loudhaler for the last 3 iterations:biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

At least it was downhill Goober. Why didn't you fix it either on the spot or at home and cycle in anyway? Would still have been quicker than the bus, no?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Both, and in the rain ! Now that's bad luck...... never done both at same time, but have had two deflation events in a long ride.

dondare

Über Member
How old/new are the tyres? Two punctures in SMPs is the most amazing bad luck. Whatever kind of roads do you cycle on?

Top Bottom