I think i'm down to a choice between these two - finally after 24 pages.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've had some problems today! I had to go and get some pedals as Planet X said they'd change them but i have to send the road ones back before they'll send out the ones i want, meaning it'd take a week. So i went to Halfords to get some. I also bought a cycle computer. It's a wireless one and boy did it take some fathoming how to fit it! Anyway,i eventually did and it's up and running now.
I went out for a ride this evening. My verdict......It's a good deal comfier than the alloys i have and have had. The gears are spot on! I got used to the double tap thing after a few miles. I love the whirring noise when the bike moves especially freewheeling downhill! Yes i'm glad i bought it and yes i'm glad i bought a carbon bike!

More to follow over the next few days!!:okay:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wish i could send some pics folks but i haven't got the technology.:blush: Anyway, you've seen the bike's pics enough times on this slightly long thread!:giggle:

Should i have bought a Cube? Well maybe i do prefer the Cubes colour designs, but i think the gears on this Planet X are a lot better than Tiagra which most of the Cubes had. Looks aren't everything, performance is worth a lot more!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4246701, member: 76"]Eh? Why have they sent you Shimano instructions for SRAM gears? Don't they know how confused you get with things :eek:

I wouldn't go near the bike until it's been checked by an expert if I were you, someone must have Bonj's email......[/QUOTE]
I nearly ended up with the wrong spd mountain bike pedals! I bought some Chris Boardman ones then on the way out asked the assistant if he was sure they'd fit the shoes i was wearing. Er no, you'll need to change the cleats he said. That'd mean either changing the cleats every time i go out on another bike, or buying new shoes for the other bikes. Close do...i could've got home them found ANOTHER pair of pedals useless!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The Hutchinson tyres seem a bit soft. I pumped them up to 95psi then thumb pressed them to find they had a fair bit of give in them. I thought about pumping them up to 105psi but then i read the guidance on the side of the tyre saying minimum 85psi maximum 100psi.

Top Bottom