I think i'm down to a choice between these two - finally after 24 pages.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have you actually ridden both of these bikes ?
All manufacturers/geometry are different..............I would not want to buy without at least sitting on it.

I wouldn't have any of them TBH

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Have you actually ridden both of these bikes ?
All manufacturers/geometry are different..............I would not want to buy without at least sitting on it.

I've sat on both bikes. Well an Agree and a Defy in a LBS, although both with different spec.

For what reason?

Wouldn't like to offend Accy.
Can of worms and all that.
I said this in another thread,but people don't realise the wealth of framebuilders the length and breadth of Britain.
If I had came into a nice little bundle,that's what I would do.
Even off the peg,there are better options than those.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You want 105...Tiagra is fine but 105 is far sweeter and still within your price band...or did I get the wrong end of the stick..

The main requirement is a carbon frame. I don't want to spend a lot and this is one way of getting a decent carbon frame. I can always upgrade to 105 later. I don't think i'll get a carbon framed bike much cheaper.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wouldn't like to offend Accy.
Can of worms and all that.
I said this in another thread,but people don't realise the wealth of framebuilders the length and breadth of Britain.
If I had came into a nice little bundle,that's what I would do.
Even off the peg,there are better options than those.

Show me one!:okay:

What's your top price ?
I have a few in mind,but might be pricier.
Discs or calipers ? ,as that makes the difference to groupsets etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What's your top price ?
I have a few in mind,but might be pricier.
Discs or calipers ? ,as that makes the difference to groupsets etc

Top price would be around £1200. Discs would be ok,but if it wasn't for the Defy i wouldn't be considering them. Nothing against them,i'm just happy with calipers.

The Bianchi and Trek are carbon,but I have had a look at the vertigo and yeah 51cm only :rolleyes:
Sorry.
The Trek though ?
Reckon you could get your size.
Guy across the road has a Lapierre Sensium which he said he got for £1200.
Had a shot,and it's rapid.105 groupset,I know that.And something a bit different and good looking to boot

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The Bianchi and Trek are carbon,but I have had a look at the vertigo and yeah 51cm only :rolleyes:
Sorry.
The Trek though ?
Reckon you could get your size.
Guy across the road has a Lapierre Sensium which he said he got for £1200.
Had a shot,and it's rapid.105 groupset,I know that.And something a bit different and good looking to boot

The Trek is in grey!:ohmy: I want some colour as i have 2 silver/graphite bikes.:smile:

Top Bottom