I want an ice free car in the morning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Towel left over windscreen over night works for me.

I expect ford own the patent?

I tell you what, I was glad I cycled today seeing all the people scraping windscreens but with my no-lycra policy it bought allot of truth to the phrase "freezing your bollocks off"

icowden

Veteran
Buy a Tesla. You can ask it to defrost itself and warm itself up before you go outside :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

Buy a Tesla. You can ask it to defrost itself and warm itself up before you go outside :laugh:
To find that warming everything up has shortened your range so you can only get to the end of the street ^_^

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Whilst the Ford (and others now) system is great, you still need to defrost the side windows. I vote garage, followed by car port and finally windscreen/side window cover.

Jody

Stubborn git
Tepid water. Takes seconds to clear the car but remember to wipe the screen as it freezes pretty quickly again if left.

Or my friend who moves to Sweden leaves a fan heater in the car and switches it on 10-15 minutes before he needs the car. Although to be fair it is a little colder over there.

screenman

Legendary Member
Yep, they are brilliant, I have it on my Focus. I'm surprised they aren't fitted as standard to all cars, the same as heated rear screens.

Ford had the patent on it for many years, hence why it was available mainly on cars manufactured by companies Ford had a share in, now the patent has expired I see them on many other makes like Skoda for instance, I agree a great invention certainly makes my job of repairing damage in them easier.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Big silver windscreen cover or you can get covers to go over the entire car. Park so windscreen faces morning sun. Pay a neighbour's teenager to scape it each morning for pocket money.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Yep, however on a really cold one it freezes back over
Big silver windscreen cover or you can get covers to go over the entire car. Park so windscreen faces morning sun. Pay a neighbour's teenager to scape it each morning for pocket money.

I'm thinking of a cover but could be a hassle. I leave before the sun rises so no advantage there.

I'm leaning towards warm water.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Try putting an old sheet (super king size if you have one) over the windscreen, and in through the windows, then put the windows up. In the morning, start the engine up before you take the sheet off, and if necessary squirt a little de-icer on where the frost has got in.

or, garage. Better still, garage with a dehumidifier in it, there not much money these days. Keeps everything free of damp too

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-50464541
1574180041034.png

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Try putting an old sheet (super king size if you have one) over the windscreen, and in through the windows, then put the windows up. In the morning, start the engine up before you take the sheet off, and if necessary squirt a little de-icer on where the frost has got in.

or, garage. Better still, garage with a dehumidifier in it, there not much money these days. Keeps everything free of damp too

@Drago's going to build me a garage. Just need a solution for a few days until he's done.

Top Bottom