I want to ride my bicycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hardly surprisingly, built bikes are taking a while to ship at present. Whenever theres a sudden surge in demand, this happens, it’s just that the current surge in bike demand, is unprecedented, add to that the fact the frame builders are running at less than full capacity, and you get a ‘perfect storm’. There’s no point in stressing too much at the moment, everyone is in the same boat. Happy birthday as well:okay:

OP
OP
monkers

monkers

Veteran
First ride out on the new bike after 30 years out of the saddle. Just over 10 miles covered at a moderate pace, 11.7 mph average, max 24.8 mph.

Had a quick stop once near home to look out over the Solent to the Isle of Wight. HMS Queen Elizabeth (I assume) in the background.

Bike needs a little fettling to front changer and seat height, but I'm chuffing well right chuffing chuffed to chuffing bits with it. Those carbon forks give a nice ride. Funny how those little techniques that I'd forgotten came quickly back, like stopping with the right pedal standing at 30 deg to vertical ready for good acceleration from lights etc.

I'd forgotten that nice sound/sensation you get from a nice lightweight back roadwheel just as you dig in for acceleration.

Really happy, a birthday to remember.

Attachments

• monkers & new bike.jpg
    monkers & new bike.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

C R

Guru
First ride out on the new bike after 30 years out of the saddle. Just over 10 miles covered at a moderate pace, 11.7 mph average, max 24.8 mph.

Had a quick stop once near home to look out over the Solent to the Isle of Wight. HMS Queen Elizabeth (I assume) in the background.

Bike needs a little fettling to front changer and seat height, but I'm chuffing well right chuffing chuffed to chuffing bits with it. Those carbon forks give a nice ride. Funny how those little techniques that I'd forgotten came quickly back, like stopping with the right pedal standing at 30 deg to vertical ready for good acceleration from lights etc.

I'd forgotten that nice sound/sensation you get from a nice lightweight back roadwheel just as you dig in for acceleration.

Lovely looking bike. I like the blue highlights in particular.

Chippy Dave

You must be happy with 10 miles after a long time away from cycling, seems like a good effort to me 👍

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Who is the naked person in OP and why?

OP
OP
monkers

monkers

Veteran
It's a still from the Youtube clip and a well known as a saucy Queen sketch. Tenuous link I know, it's my birthday, they are in their birthday suit.

They have naked cycling events down here on the south coast so I guess we don't think too much of it.

Chippy Dave

It's a still from the Youtube clip and a well known as a saucy Queen sketch. Tenuous link I know, it's my birthday, they are in their birthday suit.

They have naked cycling events down here on the south coast so I guess we don't think too much of it.

That must be like torture on a road bike saddle ^_^

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Apparently the bikes in the Queen video went back to Halfords afterwards - a bonus for snurglars and quumfers!

Oh my goodness I loved that running theme in Viz... I thought I was the only person who remembered it. Shniffle pifflers, snudgers and snudgemen, and the revelation that Jonathan Ross was a connoisseur of a good moomphty on a ladies saddle. I've nearly wet myself each time I've seen him ever since, and thought "snudger alert!"

PS: Super bike Monkers, nice choice and glad you love it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom