I was at a Fancy Dress party

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

Greedo

Well remembered :evil:

yes well after the conversation he did take an unhealthy obssesion with my legs for the rest of the evening!

Mr Phoebus said:
It was your fishnet tights that caught his eye, wasn't it?

yenrod

I can feel a (voting) pole coming on...

:evil:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I decided that it was important enough that I forced my kids to endure swimming lessons until they could do the basic stuff. I know that they couldn't swim for miles, but at least if they fell in they shouldn't panic through not being able to swim. Obviously conditions can mean that even the best swimmer can be overpowered.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
When I was at school, I wasn't taught to swim (or ride a bike). There were swimming sessions during games periods, but no effort was made to teach those who couldn't swim to do so - the teacher just left us non-swimmers in the shallow end with floats and stuff while he did water polo with those who could swim.

(I seem to remember a similar approach to most sports, actually - no actual teaching took place, just playing. If you didn't know the rules, tough).

I learned to swim pretty much by myself at about 14. I'm still not a great swimmer, and I don't really enjoy swimming much unless it's really hot, but I can swim a couple of hundred yards and at least I don't drown!

I only learned to ride a bike when I was nine - didn't have a bike until then.

I've had a student who couldn't ride a bike. He learned while he was with us.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i remember being taught at school, and i got a certificate for swimming a width :smile:

i was never a strong swimmer at school, even tho my dad used to take us every saturday, but since leaving i've taught myself to swim better and have got loads of stamina. at one time i was swimming a mile every morning and i have been able to swim two miles.

Top Bottom