I was deliberately knocked off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Crankarm,

really sorry mate, sounds like a right nutter. Fortunately in the big picture we don't get to meet too many people like that, but even so you realize how vulnerable you are. Makes you appreciate that being nice and reasonable to folks around you can make a difference in this world -being an utter circular door handle isn't the answer. In a strange way, I bet he's getting his karma as he doesn't sound like a happy individual to me.

Have a virtual cuppa/pint on me.

subaqua

What’s the point
Thanks for the advices and sympathies. My stings aren't quite so bad now and the couple of small bruises on my legs will mature nicely. Bike is ok. Front mech re-aligned and adjusted.

I believe it is a turquoise/blue Ford Mondeo Estate possible reg P465 GDN. It had decorators stuff as well as the Alsatian dog in the back. Not sure on the numbers of the reg though but fairly certain P*** GDN. The driver of the approaching car blue it's horn as nutter man tried to pass me but did not stop. No other people around as rural in the middle of nowhere so no witnesses. I was going to report it but realistically what are the police going to do even if they were by a miracle able to trace the car? Nothing. Actually this is not true. When I was knocked down in january 2011 and injured, they came when I called 999 for an ambulance. The driver was sent on a driver awareness course instead of prosecution for driving without due care and attention. However this one I shall put down to yet another deranged pyscho loose on the roads.

P465GDN does not exist on the DVLA database

Paul J

Sorry to hear your trouble. Cambs police are pointless especially as they now shut local Police stations when it gets near their bedtime and the yobs come out to play. I have phoned 999 recently and was told I was in a queue :cursing: pointless. The fens is full of toothless scummers!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Please report it, drivers have a responsibility to drive with due care and attention, it is not unreasonable that when that duty is disregarded the privilege is brought into question.

Different thing, but on our street cars are vandalised as a matter of course and most folk don't bother reporting damage because they think the police won't do anything, but now myself and some of my neighbours have reported enough vandalism that the police are going to start taking notice.

Let the police worry about whether they can get justice for you - I had a business destroyed by a hacker, and believe me hackers almost never get caught, but I did report it and justice was done.

Schneil

Veteran
Please report this PDQ. As people have said before, the police can search for partial plates. Also they have access to ANPR and cctv cameras.
Plus they sometimes do media appeals to help people like the driver of the blue car to come forward.
Also go see your GP to get your injuries documented.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear of this Mr C but glad you're OK. I reported a driver last month (for a much less serious incident) and the Police were excellent in my case (Cambs). I think it can often depend on which individual you get - the copper I spoke to happened to be a really keen cyclist which helped and he went round to the moton's house for a word- (which was all he could do to be fair as no witnesses or injuries). Anyway, I'd definately report it.

Top Bottom