I was deliberately knocked off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
This perp could already be known to the police.

Perp is a funny word.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Please report it, drivers have a responsibility to drive with due care and attention, it is not unreasonable that when that duty is disregarded the privilege is brought into question.

Different thing, but on our street cars are vandalised as a matter of course and most folk don't bother reporting damage because they think the police won't do anything, but now myself and some of my neighbours have reported enough vandalism that the police are going to start taking notice.
Everything Andrew said!! Get your incident log no. and it then has to be added to some statistic or other.
He's not any old arsey moronic motorist, he's a brain dead murderer in the making who must be stopped.....like yesterday!!!!!!

subaqua

What’s the point

http://regarchive.com/plate/P465G

It seems it was there apparently.
Worth reporting as could be then logged to be picked up on speed cameras and/or traced.

It is an assault with a deadly dangerous weapon. Not that much different from someone with a knife etc.
OK let me rephrase the response.

Glass guide do not recognise the reg details, the AA insurance website do not recognise details. this is what i meant by not on the database- the plate may well be on the database but there is no ,onger a car registered to it. apparently. I hope i am wrong and Crankarm gets a result from the police

Sandra6

Veteran
Sorry this happened to you, and I hope you're ok -and that you have reported it.
I can use the computer at work to check the reg and find the make and model of the car tomorrow if that helps at all?

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Really sorry to hear about your incident. It is p*** poor in this day and age when all you were trying to do is get to work and back in the best way possible and on top of that having to put up with a defensive banjo playing inbred( the deep south kind) to ruin and put you off from cycling. As other members have said, report this B*****d, I would not be able to let this incident go.

regards

subaqua

What’s the point
Ask MID can confirm

ask MID confirm the reg has no insurance against it.it does not confirm the car it was possibly issued to still exists. my 1st car isn't shown as being insured and that went into the crusher and DVLA ( DVLC back then) were notified by me of its demise.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Thanks guys for all your replies. I haven't decided whether to call plod. I know it sounds mad but I have a lot on at the moment, but saturday morning is free so might well do it then. I had to contact Cambs recently on another matter, car broken into and the plod were a nightmare to deal with to get to see an officer at a half convenient time as they apparently no longer have police stations. As I am sure you have all noticed I make a point of stating regularly that I no longer ride on the roads because of morons like this guy because I have been knocked down a couple of times most recently back at start of 2011. I have been recovering from this.

Every now and again I find a path or track that might be cyclable and be of help where I want to go. On sunday evening I was bimbling along minding my own business then this nutter drove me off the road, twice. On the guided bus way it is fine as there is no traffic except rabbits, horses and other cyclists. Yippeee. I just want to ride a few more miles and this was a way of doing it. I guess I shall have to be happy with just riding the GBW. The evenings are drawing in now and it's becoming colder so the thought of riding a longer distance each day does not really appeal.

As regards the current moron i just can't understand why anyone would do something like this, drive into a cyclist who is clearly vulnerable and easily injured? When it happened I wanted to kill him for what he did to me, but now I don't feel anything. He is nothing. In swerving into me he made contact with my panniers which were quite full and side of me. Some one mentioned karma which I believe in time will find him. I really wish I had the vehicles registration with cetainty. It was a definately a Ford estate and very possibly a Mondeo with a nasty Alsation in the back. The Fens is a bit like Deliverance country as there are a fair few hillbillies and pykies around, cross them at your peril ................ On the road I was riding it is very rural with no CCTV and on a sunday evening very little traffic. Just my luck I had 2 cars pass me at the same point from opposite directions one deciding not to give way or hang back. At least I am still alive and neither breathing nor eating through a straw in a hospital bed.

Top Bottom