I was hit by a van on Wilmslow Rd 8am Today, Advice Needed Pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
All the best for your recovery. Driver sounds like a right twat and I'd be trying to take him for all he was worth.

Paul - Nothing like being judgemental, is there? Kick a man while he's down, that's what I always say.

I'm sorry if it came across like that. Wasn't meant to. I've expressed sympathy and advice for Gaz on other posts on this thread and then i followed the link to his blog, in which it suggested he wasn't wearing a helmet. I was a bit stunned by this to be honest, but i didn't mean to come across as judgemental or offensive.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
do i take it from your blog that you weren't wearing a helmet?

It might not have affected what happened today and i wish you all the best but on another day it could have been a very different story.

Personally i think any cyclist without a helmet is being pretty wreckless. Sorry.

If you want to start a helmet thread feel free, this is neither the time nor the place.

Gaz, that is horrible! All the best for the recovery, mental and physical.

One word of caution. It might be worth chatting to the police about your blog. It is possible that it could be seen as prejudicial to the case against the driver that the blog has the details of the accident. It might be ok but it is worth talking to the police. That is why I removed the video of my tanker incident.

Again, best wishes. You've fought some hard battles already, so I know your up for this one!:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The post us under a 'user name' - just drop links to reg plates and the likes........... or pull it for now if you feel like it.

I've posted on CC about my incident, but never referred to the driver, or reg, so stuff like that is fine..........

PS best advice - get the Surosa back on the road and ride that - let the new (damaged) bike sit there and get it off to the LBS for a full inspection..... after labour rebuilding, it will be a new machine.... !!

PS document bruising/ pain and all that..you'll need it, and I have had to do that - having to refer to notes 18 months ago in my case..... because the 3rd party's insurer will be an ar$e.......... it helps..... because you forget stuff....

If you are really feeling crap about riding the bike again, PM me when ready, I'm only about 3 miles from you...... I'll ride shot gun.... or up front !!!!

I know how I was getting back - really shoots your nerves, even an experienced racing cyclist...... PM once you feel up for it...........:biggrin:

Paul_L

Über Member
This is neither the time nor the place for your ill-informed comments. If you want to start a helmet thread feel free or better still don't bother and use the search function first !

as i said to taxing my comments weren't meant to cause offence, i was just asking a simple question about whether the OP was wearing a helmet as his blog appeared to suggest he wasn't . He's been involved in a serious RTC, which if he wasn't wearing a helmet, could've been much more serious on a different day.

Why is my comment ill-informed exactly?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
as i said to taxing my comments weren't meant to cause offence, i was just asking a simple question about whether the OP was wearing a helmet as his blog appeared to suggest he wasn't . He's been involved in a serious RTC, which if he wasn't wearing a helmet, could've been much more serious on a different day.

Why is my comment ill-informed exactly?

I really don't think this is the thread to start round x of the helmet debate. Paul_L, do a search and realise what a can you've opened.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS A34 mate Anson Road / Upper Brook Street............- Wilmslow road isn't good for speed......I never use it.....I'd be d-locking student cyclists, students and the local resident drivers of Rusholme....... all shocking !!!

Paul_L

Über Member
I really don't think this is the thread to start round x of the helmet debate. Paul_L, do a search and realise what a can you've opened.

fair comment bollo. i wasn't aware of the hot potato potential of the helmet comment!

I'll leave it at that. don't want to detract from gaz''s thread. hope he wakes up tomorrow feeling better about things.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
do i take it from your blog that you weren't wearing a helmet?

It might not have affected what happened today and i wish you all the best but on another day it could have been a very different story.

Personally i think any cyclist without a helmet is being pretty wreckless. Sorry.

The trouble is you've effectively blamed the victim here and forgotten the nut behind the wheel.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Thanks Paul, much appreciated. I wasn't trying to do some unofficial modding
whistling.gif
, but it's like bringing up the European Union at a Tory party conference - guaranteed handbags that wouldn't do much to help Gaz.

Top Bottom