I was hit by a van on Wilmslow Rd 8am Today, Advice Needed Pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Chill all. Paul has made a very fair comment on not being aware how incendiary an issue it is. 'nuff said. GWS.

lanternerouge

Veteran
Ouch Gaz, hope you're feeling better soon! Can't believe your bad luck. Make sure you get back on the bike ASAP once you're feeling better - don't let that stupid WVM put you off.
Get well soon mate, wishing you a speedy recovery.

LR

Paul_L

Über Member
Drop it............ now !

agree with that.

sorry to those i offended or those who felt i was being judgemental. Genuinly wasn't what i intended to do.

Main thing is i hope the OP is much better this morning, and things proceed with the claim smoothly and he gets a new bike sorted asap.

BenScoobert

agree with that.

sorry to those i offended or those who felt i was being judgemental. Genuinly wasn't what i intended to do.

Main thing is i hope the OP is much better this morning, and things proceed with the claim smoothly and he gets a new bike sorted asap.

Sometimes tone and intention don't come across in text, misunderstandings happen. Maybe we should colour code for sarcasm, irony etc.

Hope you're feeling better this morning Gaz, try not to let it get you down, do you have family around?

and remember you're this guy

On a Mission to lose 20 stone

Dec 07 - 39 Stone 11Lbs
July 10 - 19 Stone 6Lbs - Cycled 7800 Miles

simply awesome achievement, I don't even know you and I'm proud

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Morning All

Thanks again for your support, I am not sticking around, got up this morning and passed out in the kitchen, phoned 999, they told me to go to my GP LOL, SO thats what I will do, want to play it by the book.

Just had to log in and say thanks for all the support you guys are giving tho, oh and Paul, lets do the helmet debate another day yeah ? :smile:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Morning All

Thanks again for your support, I am not sticking around, got up this morning and passed out in the kitchen, phoned 999, they told me to go to my GP LOL, SO thats what I will do, want to play it by the book.

Just had to log in and say thanks for all the support you guys are giving tho, oh and Paul, lets do the helmet debate another day yeah ? :smile:

You logged whilst lying on the kitchen floor? That's commitment!! :thumbsup:
Hope you're OK soon, keep us update when you get the chance, between blackouts.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
BTW this thread has made me join CTC. They're doing 5 years for the price of 4, so I went for that - means I'll be forced to keep cycling!!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Yikes - looks almost a carbon copy of my SMIDSY yesterday (except that there was a car as per your diagram in the blog and it was a dozy bint in a Gold TDi pulling across in front of me)... however, the vital difference is that she didn't hit me, I hit her after a short, sharp skidding session and got away with just some bruising.

The idiot driver needs the book throwing at him, hopefully your camera evidence will help any prosecution that the Police wish to pursue for him lying to them about how/what happened. Muppet!

Glad to hear you're still here. :thumbsup:

Get well soon.

potsy

Rambler
Blimey just read about your incident Gaz,get well soon and take things easy for a few days.Seems the Manchester branch of CC is being targetted for some dodgy driving with sharky's crash too,keep safe up there guys.
thumbsup.png

Paul_L

Über Member
Morning All

Mmmm, think i might pass on that Gaz. What is a helmet anyway? ;)

Hope you get the all clear from the GP this morning.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Gaz, sorry to hear about you passing out, chances are there is nothing serious but its best to get checked out!

I was thinking, you said you seemed a bit shook up by the whole thing, I would be happy to come out for a social ride somewhere while you build up your confidence etc. Im sure a good few of the other manchester guys would also be happy to do the same!

Scotmitchy

Gaz, sorry to hear about you passing out!

I was thinking, you said you seemed a bit shook up by the whole thing, I would be happy to come out for a social ride somewhere while you build up your confidence etc. Im sure a good few of the other manchester guys would also be happy to do the same!

Take care Gaz, I have been really inspired by your journey so far, hope you feel a lot better soon.

Mitchy

e-rider

crappy member
The bike isn't going to be very safe IMO to ride and you don't want to risk further injury.

I'd also have no doubts about claiming for a whole new bike.

Why do WVM drive like dickheads - I had one pass me the ohter day at speed and it must have missed me by 10cm max - made me whobble like mad it was so close and I was doing 20+mph at the time too.

Top Bottom