I was hit by a van on Wilmslow Rd 8am Today, Advice Needed Pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Evening all

Thanks for your support and wellwishing, I am starting a feel better today, my body is showing more and more evidence of how hefty the accident was and just how LUCKY I have been to be able to "walk away" from it, My recovery isnt without problems having passed out again today, the medical world assuring me its normal and my bodys way of dealing with it, I am now starting to feel more and more angry and cant wait to get on the bike to transfer my anger to my cranks, just not sure when it will be, I need to make sure I stop passing out first.

Thanks again for everything guys, your all very classy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any ideas where I can get it from ?

Probably a Lloyds Pharmacy.....

My missus (and me) used to swear by Lamasil but they stopped doing it - the Hirudoid stuff sorted my bruises very fast 18 months ago. Ask them to order it.

search on-line and you can order it via post if need be.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Probably a Lloyds Pharmacy.....

My missus (and me) used to swear by Lamasil but they stopped doing it - the Hirudoid stuff sorted my bruises very fast 18 months ago. Ask them to order it.

search on-line and you can order it via post if need be.

Cheers Mate, i'm taking the cube for assessment tomorrow so will hunt around, didnt feel upto it today, with the passing out "N" all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Gaz, be careful about the passing out..... Certainly get a re-check from the GP soon. I've never passed out from injuries, and I've had a fair few from cycling..... but I have 24 years of serious biking behind me.....far used to springing off the tarmac (under the adrenaline) ......and carrying on - only when you see the damage done some miles later.......ouch..........

Crashes feel very much like having gone through the washing machine on a fast spin........ with nasty 'localised' impact pain....

Have you still got your turbo trainer.......? You might need to keep the wheels turning......

You will need a solicitor if you don't have BC or CTC cover - check the posts earlier, they are all cycling related, and will do no win no fee (CTC/BC is sort of the same really but you don't end up with some insurance policy).......

As you have injuries keeping you off work, and you are passing out........ get a professional to fight your case.

I got out of my accident fairly lightly at the time - hit at 30 mph by a car, smacked my shoulder on the car and landed on my shoulder and my head (helmet) on the road some meters later. Was bashed about, but got up and hobbled to the side of road (ps, I've crashed enough to react to an impact as much as you can - i.e. deflect position, and then go limp like a baby would.....you tense up, you are really gonna break stuff........).... 18 months of continuous pain in left arm/shoulder, recently MRI'ed as osteoarthritis..... and tendonosis... - and this was a fairly 'light' accident.....

SO MATE, get a solicitor involved and keep getting checked out. Some injuries won't show for a few weeks cos you feel all busted up - tissue swelling etc. - once you feel fine, you might find some other bits don't work right - like I did. Went swimming with kids....left shoulder went clunk clunk...oh heck !!!!

PS Has it stopped me.......no...............

The MRI results were a shock a couple of months ago - consultant gets out big needle of cortisone....me....." Is this gonna stop me doing 30 miles tomorrow morning, then another 40 miles riding and an additional 2 hours tearing round the velodrome......? " -Consultant.... "oh that's not going to do it good" ........ me "Fine...I'll carry on then....I might as well die of something......" :biggrin: FFS - the consultant report comes back saying "it can't hurt too much as he does 'heavy duty biking'......" FFS - PS the GP is well aware of what I get up to......

So Gaz, get up and go...................no wallowing, get up and move the muscles lightly - clears the bruising.....

Shocked I have missed this until now - Gaz, so glad you still have a pulse and no broken bones, but watch the blackouts and don't stray too far unaccompanied for a few days just in case. Last thing you need is to have one half way along a street, even walking.

Shame about the purdy cube, hope that gets sorted quickly with insurance, but don't hold your breath - get the Surosa ready while you should be staying close to base, just in case you have another blackout - it will give you something to focus on in the meantime while the pen pushers do their stuff.

Focus on getting back to reliably stable!

Best wishes and gws.

BenScoobert

I have lots of piccys for sure :biggrin:

Not sure about legal action so not sure if I need anyone yet but thanks for the suggestion, i'll keep it in Mind.

Its not legal action, he just deals with the insurance companies and makes sure the job is done right. His costs will be claimed from them too, costs you nothing.

Don't play the good guy with insurance companies they will walk all over you.

BenScoobert

Evening all

Thanks for your support and wellwishing, I am starting a feel better today, my body is showing more and more evidence of how hefty the accident was and just how LUCKY I have been to be able to "walk away" from it, My recovery isnt without problems having passed out again today, the medical world assuring me its normal and my bodys way of dealing with it, I am now starting to feel more and more angry and cant wait to get on the bike to transfer my anger to my cranks, just not sure when it will be, I need to make sure I stop passing out first.

Thanks again for everything guys, your all very classy.

shoot thats not good Gaz, passing out should have gone by now, if I were you I'd go to A&E and insist on a full scan.

If you black out whilst stood up you could crack your head on something and end up dead, get yourself to A&E and be firm.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Gaz, be careful about the passing out..... Certainly get a re-check from the GP soon. I've never passed out from injuries, and I've had a fair few from cycling..... but I have 24 years of serious biking behind me.....far used to springing off the tarmac (under the adrenaline) ......and carrying on - only when you see the damage done some miles later.......ouch..........

Crashes feel very much like having gone through the washing machine on a fast spin........ with nasty 'localised' impact pain....

Have you still got your turbo trainer.......? You might need to keep the wheels turning......

You will need a solicitor if you don't have BC or CTC cover - check the posts earlier, they are all cycling related, and will do no win no fee (CTC/BC is sort of the same really but you don't end up with some insurance policy).......

As you have injuries keeping you off work, and you are passing out........ get a professional to fight your case.

I got out of my accident fairly lightly at the time - hit at 30 mph by a car, smacked my shoulder on the car and landed on my shoulder and my head (helmet) on the road some meters later. Was bashed about, but got up and hobbled to the side of road (ps, I've crashed enough to react to an impact as much as you can - i.e. deflect position, and then go limp like a baby would.....you tense up, you are really gonna break stuff........).... 18 months of continuous pain in left arm/shoulder, recently MRI'ed as osteoarthritis..... and tendonosis... - and this was a fairly 'light' accident.....

SO MATE, get a solicitor involved and keep getting checked out. Some injuries won't show for a few weeks cos you feel all busted up - tissue swelling etc. - once you feel fine, you might find some other bits don't work right - like I did. Went swimming with kids....left shoulder went clunk clunk...oh heck !!!!

PS Has it stopped me.......no...............

The MRI results were a shock a couple of months ago - consultant gets out big needle of cortisone....me....." Is this gonna stop me doing 30 miles tomorrow morning, then another 40 miles riding and an additional 2 hours tearing round the velodrome......? " -Consultant.... "oh that's not going to do it good" ........ me "Fine...I'll carry on then....I might as well die of something......" :biggrin: FFS - the consultant report comes back saying "it can't hurt too much as he does 'heavy duty biking'......" FFS - PS the GP is well aware of what I get up to......

So Gaz, get up and go...................no wallowing, get up and move the muscles lightly - clears the bruising.....

Mate, fantastic rallying call, thanks to you im heading out for a quick ride up the col du tourmalet this afternoon :biggrin:...Maybe !!!

Joking aside your right, Im just bikeless, Should have the Surosa back tomorrow, the Cube has been confirmed as "no longer with us" :-(

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
shoot thats not good Gaz, passing out should have gone by now, if I were you I'd go to A&E and insist on a full scan.

If you black out whilst stood up you could crack your head on something and end up dead, get yourself to A&E and be firm.

Doc's say its down to the sheer amount of pain (only happens when I am due to take more painkillers)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Shocked I have missed this until now - Gaz, so glad you still have a pulse and no broken bones, but watch the blackouts and don't stray too far unaccompanied for a few days just in case. Last thing you need is to have one half way along a street, even walking.

Shame about the purdy cube, hope that gets sorted quickly with insurance, but don't hold your breath - get the Surosa ready while you should be staying close to base, just in case you have another blackout - it will give you something to focus on in the meantime while the pen pushers do their stuff.

Focus on getting back to reliably stable!

Best wishes and gws.

Cheers for your comments, I'm starting to feel human again, gutted about the Cube but it happens eh ?

Cheers Gaz

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
2-day old bike? Well, you can stop worrying about it getting its first scratch now!!

Seriously, get better soon, don't let the b*****ds get you down, and get good legal representation. Glad to hear you are still alive and still able to cycle.

In a strange way think of it as a complement the driver never saw your slim new figure Gaz :rolleyes:

When I had my accident for two or three days it felt like I could hardly walk my thighs were agony and then massive bruising appeared, thank goodness this seemed to be the start of the body healing process and extreme tightness of the thighs dissipated.

I'm no medical expert but I'd get a second opinion on those blackouts!

Good Luck!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Doc's say its down to the sheer amount of pain (only happens when I am due to take more painkillers)

I'd be skeptical of this diagnosis and keen to get a second opinion, if you were in enough pain to make you pass out, you would be likely curled in a ball in absolute agony not walking around thinking about mounting up on a bike. You would also be likely given some opiate derived painkillers or something else extremelly strong if the pain was this bad and hence pretty much out of your tree!

BTW dont ride a bike if you have been passing out! Ride your turbo if you must but dont take to the roads!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

BenScoobert

I'd be skeptical of this diagnosis and keen to get a second opinion, if you were in enough pain to make you pass out, you would be likely curled in a ball in absolute agony not walking around thinking about mounting up on a bike. You would also be likely given some opiate derived painkillers or something else extremelly strong if the pain was this bad and hence pretty much out of your tree!

BTW dont ride a bike if you have been passing out! Ride your turbo if you must but dont take to the roads!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Ditto this Gaz, I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what to do, but you need a 2nd opinion on this.

I'm only saying it out of concern, contact the guy I mentioned and let him deal with the stress of the insurance claim and you focus on recovery, starting with a head x-ray. I'm not trying to scaremonger, you can get brain clots from head injuries like that. Go get checked by someone other than the GP.

Top Bottom