I wasn't expecting that this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Here for the wetness outside in London, or look out the window:
http://www.londonskaters.com/weather_webcams.htm

And here for what rain is actually around in the last half hour:
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
As Fossyant says, lovely in Manchester... unfortunately I was stuck in my car as I play footie after work and can't get my kit along with me on the bike (yes, I know I could get panniers... but on a road bike???? No thanks!!)

Cyclista

Just stopped in Portsmouth, been going solidly from about 6:20 this morning, thank god for waterproofs.

Wolf04

User1314 said:
"Today in London", said the vaguely attractive GMTV Weather Girls," will start off sunny and warmish. There will be heavy showers later. It won't be as warm as yesterday as it will be more overcast. The wind speed will be 15 mph, blowing from the South."

So off I set at 7 this morning. In my Summer cycling gear. Which basically consists of trainers with no socks, t-shirt, swimming shorts and cycling mittens.

At 7.10 am it got dark. At 7.20 am the rain fell, the wind blew and it got cold. I thought that was a quick Spring/Summer - it's Winter again.

My finger tips couldn't be felt.

AND IT WAS GREAT!!! I loved it. Tootled all the way into work as usual.

The weather people really are as useful in forecasting the weather as Penny Smith is in, erm, presenting professionally, objectively and seriously. And she is not even attractive anymore.

There you are, London-centric, sexist and off -topic all in one post!
You just leave the lovely Penny out of this!!!:angry::biggrin::biggrin: I hope you don't wear speedos:sad:

Maz

Guru
Sh4rkyBloke said:
As Fossyant says, lovely in Manchester... unfortunately I was stuck in my car as I play footie after work and can't get my kit along with me on the bike (yes, I know I could get panniers... but on a road bike???? No thanks!!)
I take the car when I play footie after work. Not cos I'm too knackered after playing but I'm scared I'll get injured and not be able to cycle back...and it did happen once when I broke my metatarsal..

domtyler

Über Member
Was torrential when I set off at about 8 this morning, got round the corner and my chain came off, got it back on, hands covered in oil which I wiped off on a piece of wood. Traffic queued back all the way in, bloody motorbikes kept blocking the gaps! :biggrin:

But yeah, still enjoyed it though. :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
If you want a weather forecast, why do you watch GMTV. They still use 1 image of a cloud to do the whole of the south east.

Watch BBC or Sky news, or even better as Mikey says The Met office website.

Unless you're just watching for the weather girls, in which case I believe channel 5 is what you want :biggrin:

(so I've been told)

jely

expect the unexpected... at least it wasn't hailing, although that will probably be this afternoon!! :rolleyes:

Tynan

Veteran
nice ride in an hour later than usual on wet roads so missed the actual rain

blowing a lot right now but fingers crossed in the right direction, it usually is

got my Santini CX Pro bib shorts yesterday, bought during those days when it was getting steadily warmer, tried them on and they're very smart and very blue, kinda French flag blue, but certainly won't be seeing me again until it's properly warm, they're tight and thin and indeed short in short, a very luxurious chamois, cor

Plax

Guru
I cycled to work this morning in my shorts. Quite nice it was too.
Checked the weather before I left at home time - still looked ok. So put on the shorts and stuffed my jacket in my backback and off I went. Halfway out the car park I realised I'd put my top on inside out (duh!). Then just as I was cycling up the hill from work it started raining. Bloomin great, thought I. I stopped to put my jacket on, didn't bother putting my waterproof trousers on.
About 10 mins later the wind picked up and it started hail stoning. It was awful, it doesn't half sting when hail stones propelled by gusts of wind, smacks you on your bare legs. Especially when you are trying to cycle up loads of hills with the wind against you. One of the most horrible cycling experiences to date.

Tynan

Veteran
after my casual post my next three rides have all been proper soakings from proper heavy rain

the wind referred to with finger crossing was dead foul and drove the rain into sir's face hard enough to sting

ah well, here's to tomorrow

MERV

Swapped over for 6am turns from 9am+10am turns today and yesterday.Had p*nct*re at Tower Gateway yesterday just as I was thinking I had had a good run without a p*nct*re.Missed the rain both days.Noticed it rained when I should have doing my commute for 9am start yesterday and 10 am start today..

Top Bottom