I will be appearing on BBC Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Thanks

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I also think that guy is just a bully. Had it been me, I would have calmly put my bike on the other side of the fence,taken my shoes and helmet off and asked to repeat what he said. That would have been enough for him to walk away just mouthing rubbish on his way back to his car. Great interview Matthew though!:thumbsup:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
[QUOTE 2743289, member: 1314"]Probably this bloke I met on my commute last year...

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/gore.112346/[/quote]

I was saying to Lockring that I think Matthew is serious, and not trying to be 'Funny guy'!
If you're making fun of the way Lockring expresses himself, remember that English is only his 3rd or 4th language...

Edit: I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
[QUOTE 2743328, member: 1314"]No I wasn't. And how am I supposed to know English is Lockring's 3rd or 4th language? As it goes, English is only my 2nd language.

And you weren't clear you were replying to Lockring directly. I actually thought Lockring's post was funny, with the imagery of being chased by Kannibals and all that, but that had nothing to do with his way of putting words together. Anyway, I'm sure he can look after himself.[/quote]
fair enough...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I also think that guy is just a bully. Had it been me, I would have calmly put my bike on the other side of the fence,taken my shoes and helmet off and asked to repeat what he said. That would have been enough for him to walk away just mouthing rubbish on his way back to his car. Great interview Matthew though!:thumbsup:

I don't think I would have been that patient. Yup put the bike down, but then squared him and told him to feck off before I smash him in. I'd have waited for him to punch me first though, before I decked him - self defence. Carbon soled shoes make good dents in cars.

Matthew behaved brilliantly, and as said the guy was a bully picking on a smaller, lightweight teenager.

cd365

Guru
I don't think I would have been that patient. Yup put the bike down, but then squared him and told him to feck off before I smash him in. I'd have waited for him to punch me first though, before I decked him - self defence. Carbon soled shoes make good dents in cars.

Matthew behaved brilliantly, and as said the guy was a bully picking on a smaller, lightweight teenager.
Surely carbon soled shoes with cleats in are hard to fight in! I've thought about this and in any incident the first thing I would do is take my shoes off!

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Surely carbon soled shoes with cleats in are hard to fight in! I've thought about this and in any incident the first thing I would do is take my shoes off!
Thats why I wear MTB shoes. The tread on them allows me to walk about, plus the metal cleat is in such a position that I could easily kick someone in the shin and do some real damage.

Leodis

Veteran
Thats why I wear MTB shoes. The tread on them allows me to walk about, plus the metal cleat is in such a position that I could easily kick someone in the shin and do some real damage.

You would be best hitting the deck and getting into a ball, tortoise like but in lycra

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
You would be best hitting the deck and getting into a ball, tortoise like but in lycra
I somehow dont think that would allow my camera to catch what is happening. Best really just to stay still and not say anything. Just like I did with Mr Road rage in the program. Just let them have their say and then walk away.

L

Lockring

No, and I dont intend to.

This one is the good answer! never get in to fight! If you all ways think this you will be happy! But if you want never fight you may be also mustt stop to make the crazy youtube channel where you will tell every person he is a bad driver and riding slow in mid of road and swear at all people who drive to close.
You are good kid and funny kid but i never see no person who says i dont want to fight and who makes so much enemys with acting like police.
'I do not want to fight. you drive like idiot. i do not want to fight. you drive like idiot. i film you. farking idiot. i do not want to fight.'
Relly if you do not want to fight then smile is on face and mouth is the shut one.
if you must dare to swera at all people and play the game like the police - then you will have fight if you want and if you dont want. Just my opine.

Top Bottom