I will be appearing on BBC Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Why on earth would you want to deck someone who had done nothing more than rant in your face and walk away?

He didn't rant in my face. He wouldn't have got that far if he had tried. I think from the guys actions he was more than prepared to assault Matt or any one else if he felt he could get the better of them and they gave resistance. I merely make the point that if Matt had been 6'4' and built like a house the guy would have not tried it on as the guy is a bully. Bullies tend not to pick on people bigger who are visibly stronger than themselves.

Crankarm

Guru
I know I am not the biggest or strongest person out there, but I would like to think I can give as good as I get. In my nature, I am not an aggressive or physical person, however my mouth tends to do the talking instead of my fists.
There has been no need for me to defend myself, and I would hope that situation never arises. Everything can be resolved using words. Fists dont accomplish anything.

Agreed but there comes a point where you could take a beating. I am sure you must have been pretty scared shaken up at the time he was threatening you. I recall you believed at the time you thought he was going to hit you. I don't disagree with your reply here, but in the big nasty world with many other Mr and Mrs Nasties, things can rapidly escalate as shown from the experiences of other participants in the programme eg the small wvm who forced the cyclist into the kerb then got out and straight away went to hit the cyclist, the woman who drove over the guy although the circumstances were different as there was no direct confrontation as no one got out the vehicle. I still believe you are an excellent ambassador for cycling and cyclists, eloquent and professional, but unfortunately you are not dealing with excellent ambassadors of drivers of cars, vans, etc. You could unwittingly take on some real nasty pieces of work where flight or fight are the only two options as sadly being eloquent or professional won't save you. A sobering thought which goes for us all. Though a head cam or two that captures it all may well subsequently bring the perpetrator to justice.

Last edited:

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
Great item Matthew. You came across really well. Like you said though he's only sorry he got caught. Mind you he was reastrained really, he only threatened to shove the camera up your nose, could've been worse I suppose!!
p.s I still haven't got around to cycling over the Pont Y Draig yet!!

L

Lockring

this is the funy tv show. I think mattew is the funny guy! The guy who speak ugly to him is we say at home daffodil. Mattew is funny for nod nod nod at all bad drivers and sayting 'youdo this youdo that you must not do this and that', but he is kid so it is funy. If this is me i say no thing, but mattew is funny young kid and he must argue argue argue. Kids must argue and kids must be always police. Then he will find a gerl and forget to be police. Not a bad kid. A funny kid. Relly, driver makes no mistake in driving, just small thing, but why get from car and shout? Like we say he is daffodil. You say this too, but we say more i think. Mattew is good funny kid. driver is not good, not funny, just daffodil.

Leodis

Veteran
I have just tuned into Matthew_T's "1 Million views" video... I give up.

L

Lockring

Who is kannibal? Not here. i hope!
I think Mattew is funny kid and not nobody must dare to eat him. He wiill be older and more clever later, but now he is a funny kid and there is no problem in his funny youtubes. I hope no kannibal chase him. Mattews' youtube is very funny all people shouuld see. he is angry with all the people all times he rides. he is funny.

Is this monkeynut youtube the serous one or is it for joke? I like him if it is for joke or if it is for serious. Funny guy! Too many seriious on youtube. better funny!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Who is kannibal? Not here. i hope!
I think Mattew is funny kid and not nobody must dare to eat him. He wiill be older and more clever later, but now he is a funny kid and there is no problem in his funny youtubes. I hope no kannibal chase him. Mattews' youtube is very funny all people shouuld see. he is angry with all the people all times he rides. he is funny.

Is this monkeynut youtube the serous one or is it for joke? I like him if it is for joke or if it is for serious. Funny guy! Too many seriious on youtube. better funny!
I think he's serious...

Top Bottom