I will be appearing on BBC Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Re the lady

She was not a road rage driver, she had a psychological issue bought on by what happened to her daughter, it was I think bad to catalogue her amongst the people who the cyclists and Matthew encountered, they were bullies, she was not.

No real "road rage" driver would ever consent to being on a program like that, because they are all cowards.

Re the lady

She was not a road rage driver, she had a psychological issue bought on by what happened to her daughter, it was I think bad to catalogue her amongst the people who the cyclists and Matthew encountered, they were bullies, she was not.

No real "road rage" driver would ever consent to being on a program like that, because they are all cowards.

Indeed. They should have followed around the chap at the cafe who firstly complained about people driving up to traffic lights at 20 and stopping him get through them, and people who correctly try to merge in turn rather than tie up road network queuing miles away from the roadworks!

I think he may have been more suitable to show a bad driver getting angry than her.

Crankarm

Guru
Well done Matt I think you come across very well and I am not sure how you kept your cool with that complete knob in the silver Citroen, I am not sure I would have been able to and they should have shown his face so he could be shown up for the idiot he is.

Nothing against Matt but if he had been an average height fit male the guy would have been decked. I would have certainly done so in self defence or used a D-lock. Matt is such a great ambassador for cycling but doesn't look like the sort of guy who can handle himself. I have to say owing to his "youth" bullies and thugs will try to pull one over on him. No disrespect to you Matt.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Nothing against Matt but if he had been an average height fit male the guy would have been decked. I would have certainly done so in self defence or used a D-lock. Matt is such a great ambassador for cycling but doesn't look like the sort of guy who can handle himself. I have to say owing to his "youth" bullies and thugs will try to pull one over on him. No disrespect to you Matt.
I know I am not the biggest or strongest person out there, but I would like to think I can give as good as I get. In my nature, I am not an aggressive or physical person, however my mouth tends to do the talking instead of my fists.
There has been no need for me to defend myself, and I would hope that situation never arises. Everything can be resolved using words. Fists dont accomplish anything.

markharry66

Über Member
I know I am not the biggest or strongest person out there, but I would like to think I can give as good as I get. In my nature, I am not an aggressive or physical person, however my mouth tends to do the talking instead of my fists.
There has been no need for me to defend myself, and I would hope that situation never arises. Everything can be resolved using words. Fists dont accomplish anything.

Okay opening myself up for massive P*ss taking here. Better mate you have a brain. Fighting achieves nothing in life. Using your brain does, there is no shame in walking away from fights you cant win. Most of the idiots in your videos resort to violence as last resort. Age, build, size, fighting ability plays no part in this.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Okay opening myself up for massive P*ss taking here. Better mate you have a brain. Fighting achieves nothing in life. Using your brain does, there is no shame in walking away from fights you cant win. Most of the idiots in your videos resort to violence as last resort. Age, build, size, fighting ability plays no part in this.

True. But it is always nice when some knuckle dragging bully gets his comeuppance when they are not expecting it.
I doubt if anyone would have had any sympathy for C5 driver if he had ended up being decked by a right hook to his big mouth - if he had picked on a more aggressive opponent.

ASC1951

Guru
Nothing against Matt but if he had been an average height fit male the guy would have been decked. I would have certainly done so in self defence or used a D-lock. ....
Why on earth would you want to deck someone who had done nothing more than rant in your face and walk away?

Top Bottom