Ibuprofen and codine addiction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm back on it again - dr put me on gabapentin, consultant changed it to pregabalin, dr wants to change me over to amitriptyline ... Will wait till I see the consultant again on that one. It certainly helps me luckily and most days I'm with it enough to know what is going on (today had been the exception), but I'm also on codeine and morphine plus paracetamol.

My consultant tells me pregabalin is the better one of the 2 to be on of you need to be on either of them.
Hope you feel better soon, on both dry days and moist ones.

classic33

Leg End Member
Pfizer seem to be getting rid of a lot of of their licences for anti epileptic medication in recent years.

vickster

Legendary Member
Getting rid or the products going generic, patent typically lasts 20 years from first registration of molecule and after 10-12 years of development, there's not that much left. Lyrica has patent until 2018 I beleive for neuropathic pain

classic33

Leg End Member
Getting rid or the products going generic, patent typically lasts 20 years from first registration of molecule and after 10-12 years of development, there's not that much left. Lyrica has patent until 2018 I beleive for neuropathic pain
Pfizer showing as having that.
I meant getting rid off as in no longer making them. New source for the "same drug" had me passing blood within days.

[QUOTE 3461372, member: 9609"]and I don't know why I am sort of a little jealous of such an injury, having an arm ripped off by a Tiger or a leg bitten off by a croc or shark bizarrely seem a little appealing.[/QUOTE]
Loosing an arm to a Tiger tends to pay better than loosing it in a car crash ........ :laugh:

I'm also on 300mg a day of Gabapentin for the phantom pain from my missing fingers.
Some days I get more spaced out than other days.
It tends to hit me around midday, when all I want to do is sleep.
But I'm fine on my trike while I'm not if I'm driving.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3461969, member: 9609"]yes but, how and where and what type of Tiger, Siberian / Bengal ?. Just love Tigers and would love to see one in the wild.

Does anyone know if Phantom pain as described by Tigerbitten is the same pathology as referred pain that is common in spinal injuries. In the latter the nerve is compromised in the back and the brain is confused by the signals and presents them as pain elsewhere - but what is the cause of phantom pain ? is it something to do with the damage to the end of the severed nerve, or is there something else going on /[/QUOTE]
Phantom Pain

[QUOTE 3461969, member: 9609"]yes but, how and where and what type of Tiger, Siberian / Bengal ?. Just love Tigers and would love to see one in the wild.[/QUOTE]
Chipperfield's circus, 25th/Feb/1998.
It was a Siberian.
<- Thats his full brother in my avatar picture.

As for the pain.
Normal is just pins and needles in the fingers (2-3) but it goes up to a real stabbing pain (7-9) when I'm cold and tired.

classic33

Leg End Member
I know they were waging quite a battle in the courts over neurontin, and extending that patent, a while back.
Giving the licence over to another company made it harder for me.
The unchanged product, was later found to vary slightly in its formulation.

What are the side effects of Gabapnetin? I am on it for numbness in my hands after a neck fracture. I am supposed to take 3x300mg a day. I am also on 2x50mg tramadol fpr pain relief. I was on codeine, but had hallucinations (brown patterns that would grow and shrink!), itchiness, dizziness and feeling sick so i came off them after 3 weeks.

classic33

Leg End Member
What are the side effects of Gabapnetin? I am on it for numbness in my hands after a neck fracture. I am supposed to take 3x300mg a day. I am also on 2x50mg tramadol fpr pain relief. I was on codeine, but had hallucinations (brown patterns that would grow and shrink!), itchiness, dizziness and feeling sick so i came off them after 3 weeks.
Gabapentin
Tramadol
Interaction between the two http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/gabapentin-with-tramadol-1147-0-2221-0.html

Top Bottom