Ice cold in Alex...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
.... The local lager.... At 3am....

image.jpeg

swansonj

Guru
.... The local lager.... At 3am....

View attachment 139800
I'm sure it felt all the better after you'd hand-cranked a three ton lorry backwards up a sand dune - twice...:smile:

swansonj

Guru
In passing: I always thought Harry Andrews (left in picture - albeit I only really remember his roles here and against Sean Connery in The Hill) had a magnetism about him that made me surprised he didn't attain greater stardom.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I went to Egypt once and hated it; too dirty, too noisy and too chaotic. Drinking lager is my only pleasure when I'm stuck in some African hotel, bored out of my skull. You can drink yourself into a stupor but it doesn't do much for your fitness. My regular cycling buddy recently confirmed that hotel gym equipment being as horrible as it is, there's no incentive to exercise so all you can do is crack open another bottle and count the hours until that lovely silver bird takes you home on Friday.

My most treasured export beer picture, from the DR Congo:

2014-03-09154900_zps7d3cedaf.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
@Fab Foodie
Sakarra Gold is marginally better, it's a straightforward / standard local lager with none too much of a flavour to speak of, but it's not as bad as Stella Star and it's okay for quenching a thirst without making you pull funny faces from the aftertatse. As you're finding, Egyptians don't really do beer. Possibly why that nice John Mills chap chose Carlsberg!

Top Bottom