Ice cold in Alex...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well, possibly not till 3 am.

On that note, lager, 3 am? Is this supposed to be a work trip?
It is .... 3am was when I arrived at the hotel from the Airport after flying from Heathrow via Istanbul. I bloody needed it!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I tried Istanbul on my last trip as the price was good. Didn't like the airport much; it was hot and full of stressed travellers rushing to catch connections. I'll stick with Schiphol or CDG or Frankfurt. Most of my trips are in a southerly direction so I don't appreciate a long easterly dogleg as with Emirates, Qatar or Turkish, though that's not so bad.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Drinking lager is my only pleasure when I'm stuck in some African hotel, bored out of my skull. You can drink yourself into a stupor but it doesn't do much for your fitness. My regular cycling buddy recently confirmed that hotel gym equipment being as horrible as it is, there's no incentive to exercise so all you can do is crack open another bottle and count the hours until that lovely silver bird takes you home on Friday.
How about starting a bodyweight exercise programme - EXAMPLE? (You are probably going to want a ground floor room if you are going to be jumping about like that!)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ah! That might not work because the only exercise I do ever get is occasionally walking up the hotel stairs, which is quite a tough cardio-vascular workout at altitude in Johannesburg or Addis Ababa!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ah! That might not work because the only exercise I do ever get is occasionally walking up the hotel stairs, which is quite a tough cardio-vascular workout at altitude in Johannesburg or Addis Ababa!
True, I tried it J'burg .... seemed too much like hard work .....

Like a Hyde Park floozy, who's down on her luck.

John Mills knew what he was doing!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQ84z-8AbmDddO4ZJWKZnVVRvMxdfyXoeMhDHulLptRMhgr3Fj.jpg

Top Bottom