ICE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been wearing a dog tag since getting ill in 2012. It says that I am on Warfarin, and has my name, NHS number and 2 ICE numbers on it. The same ICE numbers are on my unlocked phone as ICE Sister and ICE Friend. You can get an engraved dog tag and chain on Amazon for about £2. Mine is fine apart from the fact that the cheap metal in the chain seems to react with sunblock and stain my cycling jerseys!
My phone doesn't have an ICE contact saved but it doesn't need a PIN to access it so simply dialling HOME (we all save our own landline number as HOME don't we?)
No ... Many of us don't have 'homes', just unoccupied houses or flats when we are out! :sad:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm 'lucky' enough to have to wear a Medic Alert, so that's me covered. I also wear dog tags with my name and home contact number on.
I hope nobody will ever need to use them.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
No shortage of id about my person when I'm commuting, but not so much when out riding for 'leisure'; I might then have my phone or a bank card, but I try to always have a note in my toolkit giving emergency contact info.
Wouldn't want to rely on my phone, but could update the lock-screen too.

DanZac

I always take my driving licence if i'm going far and shove it in my saddle bag with a couple of folded notes for emergencies.
I've also got my name and wife's mobile number written front and back on my helmet in permenant pen.
Hopefully no matter how bad it gets my head will stay on so no one will have to go hunting to far for contact details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why are cyclists carrying a driving license? Seems an odd choice of id to carry, at least to this Englishman.
It just lives in my purse as ID and for when I am driving

TVC

I have a small man-purse which I take on rides, I keep a card in there with my name, a primary contact and a couple of details that might be useful to a paramedic. I also have a debit card which is enough for Police to trace an identity should the worst happen. I don't take my driving license as it would be too much hassle to replace if the purse fell out of my pocket.

lazybloke

It just lives in my purse as ID and for when I am driving
I don't carry a license when driving either! Not necessary in the UK, although I appreciate that other nations have different requirements.
However, I think you're a South London resident? (sticks in my mind because I lived nearby for a time; Worcester Road)

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't carry a license when driving either! Not necessary in the UK, although I appreciate that other nations have different requirements.
However, I think you're a South London resident? (sticks in my mind because I lived nearby for a time; Worcester Road)
What’s my location got to do with carrying my drivers licence? It works as ID, when I pick up stuff from the PO etc

lazybloke

What’s my location got to do with carrying my drivers licence? It works as ID, when I pick up stuff from the PO etc
Oh, that's fair enough if you need ID. I very rarely do, so wouldn't think of routinely carrying a driving licence.
Had a struggle to find it recently when opening a bank account. Think I'd last used it on holiday in 2003 for car hire!

Top Bottom