ICE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sticking emergency contact info on something that gets smashed up in crashes so commonly seems daft.

Phone screen and card in wallet IMO.
Phone screens tend to get broken as well.

The helmet is likely to be taken with you in the event of an RTC, given those who'll be treating you something to assess the impact areas.

chappers1983

Apologies if I’ve missed it buried deep in this thread, but what app (for iPhone) do people particularly recommend? Had a look on the iStore and the reviews are a bit of a mixed bag

vickster

Legendary Member
Apologies if I’ve missed it buried deep in this thread, but what app (for iPhone) do people particularly recommend? Had a look on the iStore and the reviews are a bit of a mixed bag
My info is just in the standard Health App. I’m sure the emergency services are familiar with it

I have a QR code sticker on my helmet as well as the bike with the necessary details on.

20180606_072859.jpg

rrarider

Veteran
Following a serious bike accident in 2014, only my unlocked phone allowed the police and hospital to identify me as I lay unconscious in intensive care. I now carry a small card with contact details for my next of kin tucked behind the phone in its case.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Phone screens tend to get broken as well.
That's why the card too.

The helmet is likely to be taken with you in the event of an RTC, given those who'll be treating you something to assess the impact areas.
Anyone had their wallet taken from their pocket after a crash? The helmet sticker getting scuffed off seems much more likely.

Tim Hall

[QUOTE 5267194, member: 45"]My moto g5 has an emergency tab on the lock screen that brings up whatever details I want to put on it.

I've also got a RoadID bracelet but often forget to wear it.[/QUOTE]
Ooh, just found that tab on my Moto. Thanks.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Can't help feeling a lot of people are over complicating this. A card with name address and phone number is far more likely to work than assuming someone will get past your phone password and think ice actually means something even supposing you have your phone on you and havn't bust it in the qccident

Tim Hall

Can't help feeling a lot of people are over complicating this. A card with name address and phone number is far more likely to work than assuming someone will get past your phone password and think ice actually means something even supposing you have your phone on you and havn't bust it in the qccident
My phone calls it "Emergency Information" and doesn't need a password/finger print/other to access it. Take your point about a card though.

Jody

Stubborn git
ICE details on my phone but I also have one of these on each helmet. Costs £1 a year to maintain. The first response scans the QR code with their phone and that will bring up all the ICE details along with any other important notes you want to add

http://www.cerql.co.uk/carl-fogarty

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Paramedics will check the obvious places (neck, wrists and ankles) for MedicAlert style ID but it's not their job to identify you or notify your next of kin. That'll be done by the police and/or the hospital staff. They'll be the ones who might look at a phone or in a wallet, etc.

Believe you me, they won't. They'll assess your injuries, look for obvious MedicAlerts (wrist, neck or ankle), stabilise and then convey. They won't be wasting time looking for QR codes or scanning them (assuming they even have a work issued* QR-enabled phone, in an area with a signal).
*if they didn't have a work issued QR-enabled phone they shouldn't be using their own, as that would raise all sorts of IG issues.
That's why I wear dogtags, if it's good enough for te Army.......

Jody

Stubborn git
Believe you me, they won't. They'll assess your injuries, look for obvious MedicAlerts (wrist, neck or ankle), stabilise and then convey. They won't be wasting time looking for QR codes or scanning them (assuming they even have a work issued* QR-enabled phone, in an area with a signal).

Which you would expect them to do. But beyond the initial impact and care there is another avenue for someone to find out who I am rather than being unknown. Only the same as someone looking through your wallet, ICE contacts on your mobile etc Its £1 a year so no big deal.

Top Bottom