Ideal World TV Channel MTB sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
OMG they are selling Muddy Fox BSO’s right now £99 each, MTB’s with 18 speed Tourney drive train & V brakes, apparently they’re the best thing since sliced bread, do we need to be on stand by to answer 101 questions when the new owners find the short comings on delivery, allegedly they’re £320 each elsewhere, oh and they’re fitted with 26” wheels, an unbranded fork and are a lightweight 16 kg :laugh:

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
And I also realize some of you don’t have a TV,
Well you’re missing comedy gold with this

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

notmyrealnamebutclose

Thought it was quite a good deal for an entry level mb for people on a strict budget, tho obvs not worth anything like £320. Evans bikes have them @ £160 + del. It's £99 + del. Can you find a better deal for the price op?

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Oh dear. How hilarious. Poor people getting a chance to ride a bike. Ha. Ha.

And that they might have the temerity to ask how to fix their lowly bikes.

Fantastic attitude.

Maybe you should auction off your Idiot Lantern and spend more time looking further afield.

AndyRM

XOXO
£160 on the Sports Direct website and £320 from Muddyfox direct, so yeah I'd say that's a bargain.

If I didn't know what I was doing, I'd probably get it checked over by a mechanic who knew what they were doing, but that's rarely north of £20.

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Oh dear. How hilarious. Poor people getting a chance to ride a bike. Ha. Ha.

And that they might have the temerity to ask how to fix their lowly bikes.

Fantastic attitude.

Maybe you should auction off your Idiot Lantern and spend more time looking further afield.

Yes a fantastic attitude for spotting a rip off, they’ll be delivered, put to together wrongly, will ride horribly, get dumped at the back of the garage/shed then end up at the tip barely used, a complete and utter scam, and a waste of £99

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Thought it was quite a good deal for an entry level mb for people on a strict budget, tho obvs not worth anything like £320. Evans bikes have them @ £160 + del. It's £99 + del. Can you find a better deal for the price op?

At £99 forget it, save up a bit longer and go to Decathlon or even Halfords, there’s a lot better out there for a bit more, they’re fleecing those who don’t know better, then people will be trawling the web and asking on here why it doesn’t work properly, this American selling technique is utter tosh

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes a fantastic attitude for spotting a rip off, they’ll be delivered, put to together wrongly, will ride horribly, get dumped at the back of the garage/shed then end up at the tip barely used, a complete and utter scam, and a waste of £99

Have you ridden one? I had a Muddyfox bike when I was at uni, and in my early working life before I could afford something a bit fancier. Apart from being quite heavy, it really wasn't that bad.

Chislenko

Veteran
Have you ridden one? I had a Muddyfox bike when I was at uni, and in my early working life before I could afford something a bit fancier. Apart from being quite heavy, it really wasn't that bad.

Must admit I got back into cycling by buying a cheap sports shop bike so it can go either way, put you off for life or be a stepping stone to continuing on to buy something better at a later date, the latter being my story. So I wouldn't write them off totally.

AndyRM

XOXO
Must admit I got back into cycling by buying a cheap sports shop bike so it can go either way, put you off for life or be a stepping stone to continuing on to buy something better at a later date, the latter being my story. So I wouldn't write them off totally.

I did initially 'upgrade' to what now seems to be the Apollo Slant, was called something like the FS26 back in the day.

Even heavier, and the damn thing nearly killed me when the steering just 'went' on my way home one day, throwing me into a busy road.

I was very, very lucky!

ETA - found it!

$_86.png

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I don't think it's a rip-off at £99. I sold a Carrera for £120 and it had 3-4 years of very heavy use. Unless a person is expecting to do black trails at a MTB park I don't think they'd be too dissapointed. Any bike can not last if it's not been looked after properly. I once bought a Schwinn classic for £95 in the Wiggle sale, it had full metal mudguards and weighed a ton. I swapped the plastic brake blocks for somehting decent, same for the seat and pedals, got some use out of it and sold it for £120. But it was rideable out the box.

I don't think anyone buying for £99 will have very high expectations, and would suit someone who only uses it occasionally or for short rides to the papershop.

True story - I have a friend who went out one morning to buy a hammer and came back with some horrible BSO full suspension thing he'd seen. The bike was terrible but it's led into him now spending £3k+ on his latest full suspension bike. Fair enough not every cheap bike purchase is going to lead to that but it's nice to know it could :becool:

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Which was presumably well before sportsdirect bought the muddyfox brand, so completely a different bike to then one referred to in the OP.

Pretty sure Muddyfox also did BMX's back in day before MTBs

Top Bottom