Idiot in a smart car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedro

Cut up this morning by a smart car (I was in a cycle lane and he tried to undertake a car in the main carriage way) he then ran a red. I caught up with him and asked him what he was doing which led to him displaying his skill of using as many swear words as he could in 10 seconds. He then sped off only to play a stupid game with me. He would go slow, I'd catch up and he'd slam on his brakes called me a mutter f'er and speed up. This happened 3 times until I pulled into a park. What a muppet. It is the first time for three months that I've had any trouble and then when I do its not a bus, taxi or WVM but a bl00dy smart car!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
You should of asked if that was his wifes/boyfriends car. That would of got him.
Not of fan of those Smart cars, you should of hit it, see how strong the plastic was.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Joe24 said:
You should of asked if that was his wifes/boyfriends car. That would of got him.

LOL !!!

A smart car.... ohhh how scarey - had he done that and you were on an MTB, I think you'd do more damage if you hit it....:smile: Not as though those things can speed away, they can't even 'pull the skin off a rice pudding" :tongue:

domtyler

Über Member
Joe24 said:
Not of fan of those Smart cars, you should of hit it, see how strong the plastic was.

Actually they are one of the strongest cars on the road. Search on YouTube, there's a clip of one hitting a brick wall at seventy miles an hour head on and it barely gets a scratch. That said, they said the occupants would certainly not have survived that kind of impact! :smile:

fossyant

They are strong if they crash into stationery object, but as we all know, if a bigger car/vehicle hit's it, the Smart won't come off too well !

NCAP tests are good, but just watch any 4x4 vs small car crash tests - not nice....

domtyler

Über Member
fossyant said:
They are strong if they crash into stationery object, but as we all know, if a bigger car/vehicle hit's it, the Smart won't come off too well !

NCAP tests are good, but just watch any 4x4 vs small car crash tests - not nice....

Not true, they have an incredibly strong safety cage. Don't forget that no car will be able to equal the mass of a solid concrete wall even large four by fours.

The point is though, the occupants of the vehicle would certainly die as they decelerate from seventy to zero in the blink of an eye the internal organs effectively get put into a blender.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
A smart car.... ohhh how scarey...
Ever seen that one that goes along Parr's Wood Road, Fossy (dark blue)?

If you notice it, make sure you take primary, as the guy driving it seems to think it's a lot smaller a car than it actually is, and judges his passing distance accordingly!

fossyant

Dom - not arguing about it - I just don't like them.... my legs are faster than them.

John - not yet seen that Smart - they are fairly wide though, just short !

botchjob

Veteran
Pedro, this wasn't around Islington was it? I had a simlar sort of encounter with a twunt in a Smart car on Essex Road a few weeks back.

CotterPin

In my experience Smart drivers are some of the most rubbish on the roads. I reckon some of them think they are driving bumper cars the way they bounce around the road. Come to think of it, they look like bumper cars.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
CotterPin said:
In my experience Smart drivers are some of the most rubbish on the roads. I reckon some of them think they are driving bumper cars the way they bounce around the road. Come to think of it, they look like bumper cars.

+1 Just need to add sparklers.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
There was a twat in a particular department at the university of York who had a smart car and drove it along footpaths and pavements at high speeds. Doesn't give them an awfully good image.

OP
OP
P

Pedro

Botchjob, It started on Green Lanes near Manor House tube and I ended up pulling into Clissold Park. I actually caught up with him again at the south end of De Beauvoir estate on the Hackney/Islington border where he was still being a kn0bber, but only hassling other cars at that point.

Top Bottom