Idiot London cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Earlier this week I was in that there London. GF and I were walking along Oxford Street and were horrified at a rider on a Boris bike. He was riding up the inside of buses one handed drinking a cup of coffee. I saw another biker checking the traffic and moving to a much safer route (to the right) avoiding any pinch point close to bus stops and kerbs. The idiot we saw was probably safe but I couldn't see that riding; in a city; never mind a city like London could ever be safe one handed drinking coffee. Tell me I'm wrong.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Riding with a cup of coffee in one hand is fine. Rolling a spliff with the other is quite usual round here, but probably falls short of "advisable".

snorri

Legendary Member
Tell me I'm wrong.
Not entirely wrong, just rather selective in your observations.
I was in that there London last week too, and I can tell you the pedestrians and motor vehicle drivers are no better.
It's not worth worrying, they seem to get along alright in their own way.
Just relax and observe, it can be quite entertaining at times^_^

Think you will find it was a 'bloke on a bike' not a 'cyclist'.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
vlcsnap-2550129.jpg

"..honestly..! It gives cyclists a bad name...!"

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Earlier this week I was in that there London. GF and I were walking along Oxford Street and were horrified at a rider on a Boris bike. He was riding up the inside of buses one handed drinking a cup of coffee. I saw another biker checking the traffic and moving to a much safer route (to the right) avoiding any pinch point close to bus stops and kerbs. The idiot we saw was probably safe but I couldn't see that riding; in a city; never mind a city like London could ever be safe one handed drinking coffee. Tell me I'm wrong.

Well, now there is a question, having recently read I should only be using one brake the back one not the front one (who knew! Not me
non-yeux-fermes-2843.gif
) and that once you are allowed to raise your saddle up so your feet are not flat on the floor cos you has learneded not to do the wobbling (Yay! go me!
smiley-says-yes-emoticon.gif
) and if you progress to the no handeded cycling woohoo check me out type thing (Not me, not yet
smiley-shaking-head-no.gif
) then why can you not cycle with one hand - the back brake hand on the handlebars and a coffee in the other, I think everyone should, just to show off their hard earned cool cycling skills!

Top Bottom