Idiot politicians - who elects them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Man:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1iuKMICt01bKtF24wQe4jFXnqUkayA2100myBbk0PWt19usyN.jpg

Woman:
View attachment 36840

Next!

I never knew Jeremy clarkson had so many sides to him :giggle:
I thought Jeremy just went about making "brum", "brum" noises...

Isn't the second picture of that artist fellow? I forget his name...

How does dressing like that identify you as a woman..?

Clothes aren't a gender identifier.

But do we really need to "understand" an individual's choices, especially where each one is exactly that an individual and will have come to that choice for different reasons.

The implication is that you can "understand" person A, but cannot "understand" person B because they came to the same decisions by a different route.

An individual is who they are now and that there is no need for anyone to understand how they became that person to accept them for who they are.

Last edited:

Linford

I've not had nearly enough coffee to get my head around @0-markymark-0's comment, but on the topic of choice, for me, the only choices I make about my gender and sexuality are the same choices that everyone makes, whether they're male, female, straight, gay, bi, from the little choices about clothing/fashion to the ones about whether to respond in the affirmative if asked out, etc.

I did spend most of my childhood wishing I was a boy but as I grew older, I realised that was actually about how little girls were treated and expected to behave - I wanted the right to wear shorts/trousers to school, to play with cars and diggers and climb trees and do all the exciting things that my boy friends did. Aside from periods and risking a black eye whenever I run, I'm happy as a woman. And when it comes to sex, at no point have ever, ever wished I had a penis. So when it comes to my gender, there is no choice for me, just like there's no choice for any of us. I'm just lucky to be in the vast majority whose sense of self fits into the body it was born with.

Despite some rather cruel comments made when I came out, being a lesbian has nothing to do with my parents or my childhood or my preference for climbing (and falling out of) trees. It just is. I've got blue eyes, ridiculously little hands and am sexually attracted to women. I chose to come out, to live my life being honest, but it's not a lifestyle. I know women and men who got married and had kids when they were younger because that's what they were expected to do, and only admitted (or discovered) the truth (for want of a better description) when they were in their 50s or later. I know others who have never slept with a person of the opposite gender.

And whenever I'm asked about that, my answer is simple. How do YOU know your sexual preferences?

HTH

You might find it strange, but I really do totally get this.

The way I see it is you are either attracted to someone of the same gender or you are not. It is hard wired into your personality. I can see that many women can and do find beauty easily in the form of other women...perhaps because we are surrounded by examples of that, and society and industry is geared around beautifying women, and there was and still is enormous pressure on people to suppress their true self to conform to peer pressure or expectations of their families and society as a whole. I suspect that they haven't really discovered the truth, but instead lived a lie until it consumed them, and the felt their mortality creeping up on them before realising that this life they are living is not a rehearsal for the next one.

Do you actually have to experience a same sex or opposite sex experience to know what or who you are drawn to ?....I don't think so, and by the sounds nor do you.

Back to the Gender issue, I don't think there is a single person dead or alive who might have not wanted to experience what it could be like to have the gender of the opposite sex for a day (without the surgery). I guess that really could open a whole can of worms though as they may actually like the experience too much to reclaim their biological gender.

Last edited:

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Let us know when you find out what is.

You may be waiting for sometime for an answer to that.
A person is who they are, whatever baggage they may or may not come with, whether they identify male or female, whether their genes identify them as male or female or if their "parts" do.

If a person wears what are considered by "normal" society to be male or female clothing items who am I to judge?
I can have an opinion on that, but it would be wrong of me to condemn a "bloke" for a wearing a skirt or a "lass" for wearing trousers.

If a person is happy and comfortable with who they are then I am happy for them.

I am far, far, far from perfect, but I would hope I see the person rather than wondering what category they fit into.

Of course there is also the side of me that looks at a woman in a skirt and appreciates if she has nice legs or not. :biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Yes. Indefinitely of course, as there is no such thing [as a gender identifier]. Contrary to what some people seem to think, it's not possible to look at someone and see what gender they are - no matter how 'manly' or 'womanly' they might appear. We could hazard a guess at what sex they are, but even then we might be mistaken. So all the stuff about 'why do these people want to look this way?' and 'reclaiming one's biological gender' is just ill-informed rubbish, as usual.

I was........:huh:

Top Bottom